Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"March is a month of considerable frustration - it is so near spring and yet across a great deal of the country the weather is still so violent and changeable that outdoor activity seems light years away."
Thalassa Cruso
Please note: The MARS / WARS and FADS sessions are back on Skype for another week, but a couple of Lynne's sessions have been cancelled. Check the calendar for dates and times.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Your diary in LE forum

HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 26 in Chit Chat
Here is your diary in LE Forum. The diary where you can reveal all your public secrets about your daily life. This is how it works:

Begin your post with: Dear diary,

Then you can write everything about your day, about what you are planning, about what you have done today or whatever. That may be totally off topic, because there isn't any topic. Just enjoy yourselves! Oh, one thing: it's a diary everyone can read, so be careful with your real secrets :p.
------------------------------
Here's the first example:

Dear diary,

Today I have seen the Tiger 800 ABS for the first time.
It is a wonderful machine.
I am planning to buy one in 2016

~Helvio

I've adjusted your post a little bit @Helvio to give it a format - Frank
Post edited by Frank on

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,820 mod
    Hi @Helvio,

Pardon my ignorance but, what on earth is a Tiger 800 ABS?

• HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's ride?

I will. :D
    edited November 2013
    Hi diary,
    Today I woke late, I think it is because yesterday I woke very early, just a compensation, know you?

But the worst is that I coudn't take my breakfast, I am hungry. :-w

----------------------

Hi diary,

Today I woke up late. I think it is because yesterday I woke very early, so it's just compensation, don't you think?

But the worst is that I didn't have time to eat any breakfast, and now I am hungry.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Hi diary, it's me again.

Today I learnd a great phrase: "I can't help but", this phrase have a meaning totaly different that I had thought.

Thank you @Lynne.
    what, only me again? :((

So diary, I find out how to put a blue spoiler bar in the post.

It is easy to do, use this code without space:
    [ spoiler ] your text [ /spoiler ]
    I've been searching the internet definitions for somo compounds, I hope science24 be happy. :D
    edited November 2013
    So, I have to go now, tomorrow I'll be here... again. :D

p.s.: this smile scared me :D it should be the joker. :))

p.s.2: Let's ride.
    Hi guys, hi diary.

It is me.... again. hehehe

why does nobody want to comment here?

Let's share guys, it will be fun... I think :D

Yesterday when I was on my way home I have to go through 10km of stopped traffic, thank God I always on my bike.

Late at house I knew that it happened because the police were cashing a car on the main road connecting with my neighborhood and the car just stopped after police shot the driver.

I aet to much at the lunch, I am full until now.

I am thinking that tomorrow I will wake late.
  • ElfishElfish Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭
    Dear diary...
    Obviously I sound like Bridget Jones and I am just as single as she is but not so desperate. There are plenty interesting things in life other than love relationships, like watching Doctor Who or Once Upon a Time. Also I'm started to be excited about the holiday season! 8-}
    what's up diary?

Last night it's raining all the time, and now the sky is so cleary and the sun is shining... all that water will boil. I will buy an air conditioner.

Btw, today is my niece's birthday and there will some kids running, laughing and yelling. It will be nice with the heat.
    You are an adventurer @mheredge. =D>

Maid's life is not easy. I have just finishing to clean the floor of my house. #:-S
    Yesterday I saw my 2 year-old cousin Lyam. He was boisterous, but he made me laugh. I'm sure he fell asleep as soon as his parents drove home with him. He'd used so much energy!
    I need to tell it again...

It is 5 o'clock.
    I'm too lazy today too marianne, I need to lunch but the restaurant is so far. (:|
    Let's lunch.
    @mheredge I watched 'The Day of the Doctor' yesterday with my dad, it was brilliant. David Tennant and Matt Smith together = twice as much fun!
    Hi diary!

Today the bus drivers went on strike, the traffic already is not much easy and have turned into a chaos.

God bless I'll always on a motorcycle.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,538 mod
    I've got Doctor Who to look forward to for tonight's treat.

Helvio, that cannot possibly be a safe way to ride! I'm not sure I've seen as many as this on a bike, even here in India.

I went sightseeing today but my appetite for palaces is starting to wane. However there was a little WWF (World Wildlife Fund) office tucked by the side of the palace gate and I bought a couple of cards and chatted to the WWF guy there for an hour or so about the conservation work they were doing in Udaipur.
    I can hear you now @mheredge - "Not another palace!" :)
    Yes Marianne, it is not a safe way to ride, but I think the people are enjoying, the dog included.
    @Helvio - Yes Marianne, it is not a safe way to ride, but I think the people are enjoying it, the dog included.
  • science24science24 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the dog included lol lol lol