Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What is your favorite scene?

2»

Comments

• mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Have you guys seen the last scene of the movie Allied?.It's heartbreaking. I couldn't find the youtube video of that last scene but I can write the transcript for you guys. I must tell you that it's a must watch movie.

My dearest darling Anna,

I'm writing this on a Sunday night in London.If you're reading this, then you barely knew me and may have no memory of who I am. I am your mother. You were born in an air raid in the middle of a war to two people who loved each other. Our year together in the house of Hampstead has been the happiest time of my life. Today you took your first step. I am so grateful that I saw you walk for the first time with your father by my side.

Max, My love, You are my world.
    I hope you will be able to forgive me and I hope you make it to Medicine Hat. I have a picture of it in my mind and I pray Anna's eyes will see it.

My beautiful daughter, I love you with all my hearts. I hope you will live your life in peace. I rest knowing your father will take good care of you.

I remain your loving Mother,

Marianne Vatan.

• mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭✭
    This adorable cute part of the movie Moanais my new awesome moment in the movie. I love this scene.I hope you will enjoy watching it.

• soupmantrasoupmantra Posts: 298 ✭✭
    I have two favourite scenes.

One is from Godfather where Vito Corleone says I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeldwfOwuL8

Another one is from Suits where Harvey Specter tells Mike Ross that "You think you're not replaceable." It tells a lot about today's reality that no single person has a monopoly over their profession and every single person is replaceable and yes this is a harsh reality.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,749 mod

I have two favourite scenes.

One is from Godfather where Vito Corleone says I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse

Another one is from Suits where Harvey Specter tells Mike Ross that "You think you're not replaceable." It tells a lot about today's reality that no single person has a monopoly over their profession and every single person is replaceable and yes this is a harsh reality.

The Godfather scene is a good one. I love the theme tune of that film, too. It was one of the first things I learned when I started playing my instrument.
  • Shishio13Shishio13 Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    https://youtu.be/TfZYo3EVyuY

This is from Terminator when the terminator realizes why people cry ... it is a heart- touching scene imo
  • prateekprateek Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    I like "The pursuit of Happiness" and in this many scenes are awesome but this one I felt it like something from inside. :)

• PetrBlinnikovPetrBlinnikov Posts: 15 ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynjOUts1aKo
  • PetrBlinnikovPetrBlinnikov Posts: 15 ✭✭
    > @PetrBlinnikov said:
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynjOUts1aKo
    >

Interesting psychologigal scene from "Edge of Tomorrow"
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,629 mod
    Thanks, @PetrBlinnikov for sharing this scene from "Edge of Tomorrow" It like it. It's a good one.
    From Daredevil Season 02 Episode 08
    I AM THE PUNISHER! I'LL KILL EVERY SINGLE ONE!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,139 mod
    I'm really glad you recommended Person of Interest @aladdin. I was sorry when it came to an end. I see that Suits has started again. I thought it had finished but presumably it was resurrected out of popular demand.
    I want a way out of loneliness, just like you

Person of Interest - 5x10 'The Day The World Went Away' - Playing By The Rules

I have played by the rules for so long.
    Not from where I'm sitting.
    No.
    Not your rules.
    You work at the behest of a system so broken that you didn't even notice when it became corrupted at its core.
    When I first broke your rules, a sitting president had authorized assassination squads in Laos, and the head of the FBI had ordered his men you to conduct illegal surveillance on his political rivals.
    Your rules have changed every time it was convenient for you.
    I was talking about my rules.
    I have lived by those rules for so long.
    Believed in them for so long.
    Believed that if you played by the right rules, eventually you would win.
    But I was wrong, wasn't I? And now all the people I cared about are dead.
    Or will be dead soon enough.
    And we will be gone without a trace.
    So now I have to decide.
    Decide whether to let my friends die, to let hope die, to let the world be ground under your heel all because I played by my rules.
    I'm trying to decide.
    I'm going to kill you.
    But I need to decide how far I'm willing to go how many of my own rules I'm willing to break to get it done.
    This was a very good series @aladdin. Thank you for recommending it.
    The French series Spiral is back @aladdin . It's in French, with English subtitles but it's very good. I think this must be the third or fourth series. It's the only French programme shown on British TV.
    Another scene from Mr Robot
  • English01English01 Posts: 5
    Mr robot good film @Enovative @engreem
  • English01English01 Posts: 5
    No t @Enovative
  • catwoman85catwoman85 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Some days ago I saw a strange romantic film with title "How I live now". This film recounts about two persons in love divided by the war.
    Nevertheless I thought it is a strange film I could not change channel.
    One scene make me feel how the girl was in love with him: There were a mountain of dead body covered with a packet and she uncovered every packet to discover her lover.
    She found him at home some days after.
    I want to wonder you: Have you the courage to do it?

Excuse me for my english, I hope you can understand everything!
  • LynneLynne Teach HomePosts: 9,880 mod
    edited April 10
    Do you mean would I have the courage to search through dead bodies for my lover / husband? I think I would. I find knowing is better than not knowing.
  • catwoman85catwoman85 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    You understood what I was speaking
    I do not think I would have the courage ..
    edited April 17
    Memory Facility Scene ___Blade Runner 2049