Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

My choice of avatar...

12346»

Comments

• MartinCMartinC Posts: 11 ✭✭
    @Michouxe
    Thanks you :smile:
  • VokVok Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Good luck with your endeavour @MartinC. It's definitely the way to remind you of your objectives.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 8,597 mod
    @MartinC what an original choice, a stimulus to learn English because the blackboard reminds you of a teacher, and such people want the students to achieve their goals!
  • Col_51Col_51 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited January 6
    My avatar is a Koala bear.
    I love this animal. He fascinate me. He is so peacefull and lazy.
    I would like to go in australia to see one of them.

-----------------

My avatar is a koala bear. I love these animals: They fascinate me. They are so peaceful and lazy.

I would like to go to Australia to see one of them.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @Col_51 I agree with you a Koala bear is so cuddly and gives feelings of peace and if you choose this avator then I think you also have the same qualities, but I hope you are not so lazy on the forum like he is! ;)
  • Col_51Col_51 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    @Paulette Ha ha, i will try. I promise :)
    @Col_51 I am glad to hear that, a good intention for the New Year! So I see you soon in many discussions.
  • MatthiasAndernachMatthiasAndernach Posts: 88 ✭✭
    My Avatar is "Graf York von Wartenburg" who brought Prussia to rise against Napoleon in 1812 by insubordination to the Prussian king in that time. (Convention of Tauroggen) Notable Descendents: Yorck was the great-grandfather of the late-nineteenth-century philosopher Paul Yorck von Wartenburg and the great-great-great-grandfather of Peter Yorck von Wartenburg, a member of the German resistance during the @!~* regime. - Sometimes it is more heroic not to do as "they" tell you to.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,249 mod
    edited January 7
    This is the logo of Dry January. With many others, I've decided not do drink alcohol for at least one month. Not because I am a sincere drinker, but just because of ordinary health reasons. Even if you drink just a little, It's good for your health to have a pause now and then. Last year I succeeded not to drink anything form January until April. Read more at: https://www.alcoholconcern.org.uk/what-and-why
    Post edited by Frank on
    edited January 3
    @Frank if you say "I want to succeeded from January until April not to drink anything, than can it is lethal, and certainly not healthy. I think you want to drink nothing of alcohol in this period and that is of course an healthy idea.

---

@Frank If you say: "I want to succeed in not drinking anything from January until April", then this can be lethal and certainly isn't healthy. I think you just don't want to drink any alcohol in this period and that, of course, is a healthy idea.
    Post edited by Frank on
    You are right @Paulette, however, if the police stops you whilst driving and ask: 'have you drunk anything', I guess they don't mean water, milk or orange juice.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Frank
    You could have answered the police, it is not healthy if I never drink. :D LOL
    I'll remember that answer @Michouxe. It might come in handy.
    edited January 5
    @Frank
    I don't know why, but when I see your avatar, I want a cup of coffee with a cookie ;) !
  • VokVok Posts: 178 ✭✭
    @Frank Is there a logo for DryFebruary? If so, how is it different from January?
  • LeonidLeonid Posts: 6
    I think that a good mood and a smile help in life, so I chose this avatar. Moreover, this avatar reflects the essence of my surname.
    edited January 6
    @Vok
    If I understand you , it's going about an alcohol-free January and February, but also about a sugar-free February and also a sober February? I think there isn't much difference, Just the sugar-free month! But when I see this logo I think @Frank doesn't contain alcohol !

@Frank :D
    Do you think I need this explanation?

@Michouxe Why not? BTW This is not the question game ;)
    :# :# Good for the next new avatar!