Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Where are you from?

Comments

• ksch0479ksch0479 Posts: 7
    > @Paulette said:
    > @ksch0479 Isn't Belarus a separate republic that is independent of the Soviet Union since the 1990s.

@Paulette ya ya, it's true. It's really appreciated that you know such historical facts about Eastern Europe countries like Belarus. Generally, the most people consider that Belarus is a part of Russia
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,838 mod
    @Charlotte_jlc then you live near Pisa, I am fascinated by the sloping tower of Pisa ( do you already have visit it) and I hope to visit the tower when I travel to Tuscany one time.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    @Charlotte_jlc Genoa is where @filauzio lives. Maybe you can practice chatting to eachother in English.
  • Charlotte_jlcCharlotte_jlc Posts: 9
    @Paulette I've only been there once, when i was a child. But i've never been in the tower. Pisa is a beautiful city. You should go. It will be a great experience.
  • Charlotte_jlcCharlotte_jlc Posts: 9
    @mheredge This is good. Why not? Thank you :)
  • filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So welcome on Forum @Charlotte_jlc; you wrote that you are from Genoa in Italy, therefore let me tell you I'm from Genoa as well ! So, as @mheredge suggested we can chat to eachother in English.
    Meanwhile though, let me advice you to assiduously chat with and grow ever more devoted to @mheredge' s help in improving your English, as she's the best English teacher in the world !!! :D
    glad to stop strict diet, splashed in belly flop? Don't care you're not light, here on English hop !
    You're too kind @filauzio. I'll let you both know if I'm going to visit Genoa any time though, as I'm always keen to come here.
  • filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all @mheredge, you actually deserve much more than my scanty English grasp is capable to express so far. Whatever I've reached in comprehension so far I mainly owe to your teaching, therefore thank you once more.
    Sure, you're welcome in Genoa whenever you'll like to come back again; you'll be our most appreciated guest. Hopefully besides, @Charlotte_jlc will show you to places in the town which I neglected to make you discover last time.;)
    glad to stop strict diet, splashed in belly flop? Don't care you're not light, here on English hop !
    I will also have to try to learn more Italian @filauzio and @Charlotte_jlc. Here I'm having to remember my rusty Nepali.
  • RamonlineRamonline Posts: 5
    Hello! I'm from Spain, Asturias, Oviedo. Greetings
    Welcome to the Forum @Ramonline. I hope you have fun learning English with us here.
  • EDIEDI Posts: 1
    Hello everyone. My name is Edith. I'm from Poznan. It is a city in Poland. Poland is a very beautiful country. My country is very different. Is that the sea and mountains. We have lot of forests, fields, lakes and rivers. I am here because I want learn to English. I have been studying English for two months.
  • jajatrdjajatrd Posts: 8
    Hello...

I am from Indonesia. Hope that we can improve our English here.
    Hello @EDI, welcome on the forum. I know Poland of Auschwitz-Birkenau because some relatives of me had died there. It were brothers and sisters of my dad. But I think in Poznan there is also such a camp that still reminds of the atrocities of the war.
    I am visiting my mother in my home town where I grew up. It has changed a lot but it still doesn't feel much like home. I never really liked it much and as soon as I left to go to study, never came back except to visit my parents.
  • HarunHarun Posts: 5
    Hello I`m from Istanbul, Turkey. Who want to writing me to improve our English skills ?
    @Harun what I know about Istanbul is from the documentaire film that i saw from two boys who visited our school a few years ago and I remeber me an amazing city full of attractive buildings.There are over 3000 mosques and I remember the both sides of the Bosphorus which separates Asia from Europe and also the beautiful Sultan Ahmet Square with the Blue mosque one side and Aya Sophia on the other side with fountains between.
    @Paulette You know better than me. I didnt know that there were over 3000 mosques in Istanbul
    @Paulette I love my city. I advice you to visit Istanbul. Bosphorus is really amazing. And where are you from ?
    @Harun I am from one of the smallest countries of the world, Belgium, but also a nice country but very flat and I love to walk in the mountains, so I miss some mountains. I live in the area where there was a lot of fighting during WWI.
    @Paulette Belgium is the smallest countries of the world. But I know that an developed country. I like to be surrounded by nature. Because It's getting our stress. There has any mark from WWI ? The war was over nearly 100 years ago.
    @Harun in the area there are for four years long between 2014 and 2018 a lot of commemorations of battles and also other celebrations with next year on November 11 a massive final commemoration.
    The guy sitting next to me in Starbucks was speaking à language I didn't recognise. I asked him and it turns out he's from Georgia. (This is what I like so much about London). He's just graduated with a masters in business management and is looking for a job. I wished him the best of luck!
  • TAZTAZ Posts: 33 ✭✭
    I'm from Sudan, Khartoum exactly
    @TAZ I don't know very much of Khartoum. What I just know is that it is the capital of Sudan and that there is the confluence of the White Nile and the Blue Nile and that it than further it is called only the Nile. I am a bit fascinated about these names because I don't know the difference, maybe it has to do with the the clearness of the water?
    well @Paulette you are right about the names, the White Nile is called so because it's coming through a flat land as a result the water of it is clear and its longer than the Blue Nile while the blue Nile is called that name because it comes from high lands crossing through hills and mountains to low lands so it comes faster as a result the water of it is not clear, and it's also shorter than the white Nile.

if you want I can send you some photos of it :)
    edited November 20
    @TAZ I looked at the internet and I saw that the Blue Nile has many waterfalls on its traject, the nature is awesome there. And the White Nile has more a flat stream and I saw also some little islands between it and also some boats.
    I only knew the Nile of Egypt, but the Nile in Sudan is so wonderful and more fantastic too.
    @Paulette yeah that's right, maybe you can come and visit Sudan one day.
    The nearest to Sudan I have ever been is Assam in Egypt (I think Samburu in Kenya is much farther). @TAZ one day I'll visit your country as I love travelling. In two weeks I'm flying to Cape Town.
    Egypt is really a Country which is very rich with it's Historical monuments, but did you know what that Sudan has about 300 pyramids which are different than the Egyptian pyramids, there is too thing to see.
    @mheredge your are very welcome and IF you need any help I will be there to assist you.
    and enjoy your flight and residence in Cape town.