Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

New members - Introductions

Comments

• nontannontan Posts: 137 ✭✭
    And this is my 11th.
    Now, I am an active member!!
    @Paulette Thank you very much for your support.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 6,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nontan yes you did it, I hope that the magic fingers of @Lynne get be active very soon and then your new star is shinning.
    @nontan @Lynne her magic fingers were very very quickly, have you seen your new star. Congratulations and now I am very curious to see your new avatar. Congratulations
  • manjuammanjuam Posts: 20 ✭✭
    @Zom thank you , yeah i am the one i started using Discord
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @manjuam - Good to know. We will probably meet again in Discord then. It's the LEN platform where I'm the most active. ^^

Don't get me wrong, I like the forum too. The forum is an awesome place to get yourself started.
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
    @Paulette
    > @nontan yes you did it, I hope that the magic fingers of @Lynne get be active very soon and then your new star is shinning.

Thank you.
    I like your writing very much.

> @nontan @Lynne her magic fingers were very very quickly, have you seen your new star. Congratulations and now I am very curious to see your new avatar. Congratulations

I don't know well about this site yet.
    Is Lynne the founder of this site?
    Then the woman who shows up and says "Well done. you made it..." when I open the top page is Lynne?

Where can I see the guidance or the help page of this site?
    I am sorry for many questions.
    edited August 20
    @nontan yes Lynne is the founder of this site, a wonderful forum to meet different people. Who says well done is for me also a mysterie, but I like it and it encourage me.
    Why do you need the help page of this site. Now you can participate in all the categories of discussions. You choose soimply a category and write an opinion or you answer an opinion of another member of the forum. You can also givenyour opinion about a writing of the others so you can say I agree, it is awesome, it is LOL or insightful of or you like it. You are a full member now and you can also change your avatar in a picture what you like very much.
    I look forward what you do!

-----------------------

@nontan yes Lynne is the founder of this site: A wonderful forum to meet different people.

Who the lady who says "Well done" is, is a mystery to me too, but I like it and it encourages me.

Why do you need a help page for this site. You can participate in all the categories and discussions. You simply choose a category and write an opinion, or you answer the opinion of another member of the forum. You can also give your opinion about other people's writing by clicking on a reaction: You can say I agree, it is awesome, it is LOL, or insightful, or that you simply like it.

You are an active member now, and you can also change your avatar to a picture that you like very much.

I look forward to seeing what you do!
    Post edited by Lynne on
    You have become a fantastic hostess @Paulette. ^^
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,519 mod
    I agree with you @Zom. @Paulette, we say, "Well done" to you, because you do a great job. :smile:

@nontan - The person who pops up before you log in isn't me, but I put her there. She is a tireless worker, and doesn't eat much. :smiley: There is a page on the main site with some guidance on how to use these pages: https://www.learnenglish.de/englishchat.html. But really it's best to ask any questions on the forum, because that way you get your 2nd star more quickly. :wink:
    Thanks @Zom and @Lynne, I think the former teacher in me can't stop with her work! When someone asks things then I want to help him. ;)
    > @Paulette said:
    > @nontan yes Lynne is the founder of this site: A wonderful forum to meet different people.
    >
    > Who the lady who says "Well done" is, is a mystery to me too, but I like it and it encourages me.

Yes, that lady encouraged me too when I decided to join Learn English Forum.
    However, your kind comments are encouraging me much more than she did.

> Why do you need a help page for this site. You can participate in all the categories and discussions. You simply choose a category and write an opinion, or you answer the opinion of another member of the forum. You can also give your opinion about other people's writing by clicking on a reaction: You can say I agree, it is awesome, it is LOL, or insightful, or that you simply like it.

OK.
    I agree with you.

> You are an active member now, and you can also change your avatar to a picture that you like very much.
    >
    > I look forward to seeing what you do!

I haven't made up my mind what picture to choose as my new avatar.
    Unfortunately, my PC is now broken. It doesn't start up.
    I keep almost all the pictures I have in that PC.
    Now I am commenting with the other PC.
    So it might take a while to change my avatar.
    @Lynne
    Thank you very much for preparing such a wonderful place for we English learners.
    I was looking for a web site just like this.
    When I found your Learn English Forum, I was very glad, and of course I am enjoying it very much.

> @nontan - The person who pops up before you log in isn't me, but I put her there. She is a tireless worker, and doesn't eat much. :smiley:

Oh, that is why she is skinny.

> There is a page on the main site with some guidance on how to use these pages: https://www.learnenglish.de/englishchat.html. But really it's best to ask any questions on the forum, because that way you get your 2nd star more quickly. :wink:

Thank you.
    Learning English on SecondLife seems interesting!
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 91 ✭✭
    @equinox no I haven't been to Indonesia
  • equinoxequinox Posts: 13 ✭✭
    @KA1
    okay...
  • macchecmacchec Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Hello, let me ask you how many posts/comments do I need in order to get second star on my profile and become eligible to enroll for skype meetings ? Can't find this info in the new member guide, though I could miss it
    . Thanks in advance.
    @macchec you need a second star to do it because then you become a full member. For that you need 10 comments and then @Lynne our headteacher give you a second star.
  • Hi everybody! I am Trang Nguyen. I come from Vietnam. I am so happy to become member of group. I really want to find partners to practice English. I hope that our English will be improved better. But I don't know how to join the group chat to discuss. Please give me your direction! Thank you a lot <3
  • aliarabataliarabat Posts: 8
    I am a new member in the forum i'm so excited to get involved in such awesome debates and talks, by the way my name is Ali from Morocco , i am 19 years old. Any welcome!!
    Welcome to the forum @aliarabat. It's a fantastic place to learn.

If you get lost, feel free to ask for you way. ^^
    Not just 10 comments @Paulette.

@macchec - The formula is kept secret, but yes, I agree with Paulette, it's pretty easy and fast to get it when you participate /comment regularly in the different discussions within the forum.

It looks like you now shouldn't be far from winning it @macchec. ^^

• kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,646 mod
    nontan wrote: »
    Learning English on SecondLife seems interesting!

You'll also enjoy learning English by participating in different platforms used here like Skype, Discord, WebinarJam, etc. You'll have a better glance of session schedules here. See you tjere soon! ;) @nontan

http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html
  • rouka345rouka345 Posts: 7
    hello everyone! i'm from tunisia i hope that you will help me to improve my english :) :)
    Heoo @rouka345,

Welcome to the forum.

We all help each other here and the more you do, the more you get. Keep going! Don't hesitate to venture in as many discussions you like and interact with us. Have fun while learning.

@Zom thank you
  • LacitacitaLacitacita Posts: 1
    Hello Lynne, I'm Lacita from Indonesia. Thank you for having me here..
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,646 mod

Hello Lynne, I'm Lacita from Indonesia. Thank you for having me here..

Welcome to LEO forum my friend. How's your first day? :) @Lacitacita
  • NinnaNinna Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Nice to meet you @Trangnguyen6598vn !
    I'm so glad to see you here as well.
    I can be your partner to practice English if you want.

Cheers!
  • DoraDora Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone!!

:smiley: :smiley:
    ----

Hey friends - @Lacitacita , @rouka345. Hope you both are doing fine. Welcome to the network, and thanks for being around.

Have a great time. :)
  • nishantnishant Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Hi Lynne.myself nishant From India.i am about my 20s but to be honest my English speaking ability is very poor.i would like to increase myself in this direction.when I attend my b.tech class,i was understand all the lecture by teachers but when i have a doubt, I m not able to ask due to English...
    @Dora thank you, i hope that i'll have new friends here