Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

New members - Introductions

Comments

• DoraDora Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭
    @kindgnice said:
    Thank goodness you're back @Dora. We've missed you so much! How are you?

Yeah! And I've too. I am fine, thanks for asking Kind. How about you, mate? How is life treating you so far? I see, you've been doing a very fine job in here. Welcoming the newbies all alone, by yourself - hats off to you! ;)

And uh yes, where is @Bubbly? Where can I meet her? Maybe in the Your Writing section? :smiley:
    Hello @akshara and @danganh209! Nice meeting you both. Welcome, and thanks for joining the forum. :)
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,669 mod
    I'm pretty fine @Dora. In fact, I just recently hosted a Spelling bee session and it's really fun and exciting. :)

I'm pretty sure Bubbly will be active later and see your post soon. :)
    P.S. I'm happy to share with you that other LEO members like @takafromtokyo is also active here welcoming the newbies. :smiley:
  • Moon27_BrightlightMoon27_Brightlight Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Hi, @takafromtokyo

Thank you :)
    edited January 8
    Hello @Moon27_Brightlight. Thank you for doing an excellent job of welcoming newbies as well. Godspeed! :innocent:
    Hello, all new member

It's was great nice to meet you all, make yourself comfortable here enjoy it.
    Hi, @kindgnice

Thank you,
    while I make a comment I am learning to, try to write with correctly.
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭
    @danganh209 @akshara
    Welcome on board! We're all happy and excited to have you here with us!

Happy learning and good luck with your English!
    kindgnice said:

I'm pretty fine @Dora. In fact, I just recently hosted a Spelling bee session and it's really fun and exciting. :)

I'm pretty sure Bubbly will be active later and see your post soon. :)

P.S. I'm happy to share with you that other LEO members like @takafromtokyo is also active here welcoming the newbies. :smiley:

@Kindgnice - I must say: That's wonderful! Everything is going great, huh? Glad to hear it. :)

And, hi @takafromtokyo! Nice to have you in the welcomers group. Meet me, the admin of the welcomers' group. ;)

Hi, @kindgnice

Thank you,

while I make a comment I am learning to, try to write with correctly.

Welcome to the forum, @Moon27_Brightlight. :) Nice forum name you've got, and I've got a nice quote for you. Just hope you'll like it. :)

Hello, @Dora
    That is a beautiful quote, thank you so much I love it.

Thanks, you so kind.
  • shriya_vaidya2011shriya_vaidya2011 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Hi Akshara

I am Shriya from India. Welcome to the Group.
    @Dora
    Hi, thanks for welcoming me. Let's all have a chance to make friends with among one another!
  • amiltonmorillasamiltonmorillas Posts: 1
    Hi Lynne, nice to meet you. My name is Amilton, like Hamilton in english, but it has been modified (adapted to brazilian- portuguese). I´m a pilot here in Brazil, but unemployed, and now I´d like to improve my english in order to fly abroad.
    @amiltonmorillas
    Welcome to the forum. We have lots of topics and lots of nice people here. Enjoy the site!
  • garimagarima Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Hello, I'm also a new member of this group. My English is dam bad I just hope it would get better with the help of you guys! By the way i find too many Indians here so for sure I'm not going to feel a bit strange. Hey Taka your name is nice.
    @garima
    Welcome aboard. I'm a Japanese learning English. Let's have fun learning English together!

The site is huge. I'm looking forward to meeting you in different places too!
  • ObaiObai Posts: 6
    > @Obai
    > Your English is sometimes good and sometimes not; well, same here! I usually call those days when I'm not doing good in English, "a bad English day". haha
    > Welcome aboard. Lots of fun and lots of great people on this site. Hang around and leave comments, you'll be able to join skype sessions in no time! Good luck

Thank you @takafromtokyo for your push ;) it seems we have a lot of cool people over here :)
  • ObaiObai Posts: 6
    @takafromtokyo said:
    Your English is sometimes good and sometimes not; well, same here! I usually call those days when I'm not doing good in English, "a bad English day". haha
    Welcome aboard. Lots of fun and lots of great people on this site. Hang around and leave comments, you'll be able to join skype sessions in no time! Good luck

Thank you @takafromtokyo for your push ;) it seems we have a lot of cool people over here :)
    Bubbly said:

@Dora I am here. ;)

Aw, how sweet @Bubbly . :love:
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dora pleasure is all mine! :) BTW-where have you been? No news from you for more than a month?!
  • juancorrea90juancorrea90 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Hi my name is Juan, I am a new member and I have been studing English for six months. now I am really excited becouse I see that here I can practice my little knowledge of the language. Best Regards Happy day
  • Hans90Hans90 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Hello, I'm Hans,
    I'm planning to take the IELTS exam, this website looks really useful
    and I hope to have friends and study together.
    Regards
    Hi my name is Juan, I am a new member and I have been studing English for six months. now I am really excited becouse I see that here I can practice my little knowledge of the language. Best Regards Happy day

Hello @juancorrea. It's a happy day for us as well to see you kicking off your first post here in New Members section. Feel free to chime in your thoughts with different topics in the forum and see you soon on Skype sessions. :)
    Hans90 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm Hans,
    I'm planning to take the IELTS exam, this website looks really useful
    and I hope to have friends and study together.
    Regards

Hello @Hans90! Welcome to LEO network! We'll pray for your exam and hope you get the highest band score! See you soon on Skype sessions! :)
    @juancorrea90 @Hans90
    Welcome to the site. Happy to have you all here with us.
    Explore, leave comments, and have fun!

Happy learning!
  • SarinSarin Posts: 5
    Hello All,
    My name is Sarin. am from India. My native language is Hindi. I would like to learn English.
    Thank you
    Sarin wrote: »
    Hello All,
    My name is Sarin. am from India. My native language is Hindi. I would like to learn English.
    Thank you

Namashkar @Sarin. Welcome to LEO network. :)
    Hope to see you soon on Skype sessions. :)
  • SarinSarin Posts: 5
    @kindgnice Shukriya/ Thank you very much.. I'm trying to learn the interface of this forum.. Could you please tell me how to change my profile picture?