Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you do in the snow?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 6,117 mod
If you're in a country that gets a lot of snow, what is your favourite thing to do? Is it just day-to-day for you, or is it a novelty?

In my country, we don't get very much snow at all, so it is very much novelty. Children in our country like to build snowmen and throw snowballs at each other, and everybody has a wonderful time.

What is your favourite thing to do when it snows?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,193 mod
    I used to make snow men when I was a kid, but to be honest now, I tend to prefer to sit indoors with a nice warm cup of tea. @Hermine is much more into it though and goes skiing whenever she has enough snow around.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,117 mod
    Yes I don't really make snowmen anymore but I suppose that would change if I had children of my own. So I will look forward to that. I enjoy sitting the warm house and watching the snow fall. I also like to watch children playing in it, as it reminds me of a time when I was young and carefree.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,193 mod
    Nasty cold wet stuff! I prefer to avoid it where possible.
    Yes I agree it isn't very nice once it is on the ground, but I really enjoy watching it fall. It is a lot better when it doesn't stick to the ground, because then you can just watch it without it being a problem.
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Snowman with my dear sister who I haven't seen her for a month.Snow fighting with family is a good choice.
    Yes I enjoy snow fights too @navidafrasiabian but I don't like it afterwards when all my clothes are wet. I need to get in the shower as quickly as possible!
  • navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am exactly like you!
    After snow fight,delicious soup that is cooked by mom is the best thing ever,isn't it @GemmaRowlands ?!
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,151 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds weird but I once experiened it in my life and I did nothing except holding it in my hands. I am planning to go to a hill station in january to actually enjoy it fully. I will see what I will do but I will definitely make a snow woman not a snow man. :D
    It sounds a little odd to me, but I have grown up always knowing what snow is, so I can't imagine a time of not knowing, if that makes sense. But I am glad that you managed to experience it. And yes @navidafrasiabian you're right, the soup afterwards is certainly the best bit!
This discussion has been closed.