Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Travel Accessories

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 8,644 mod
Is there anything you don't leave home without?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,098 mod
    I'll have to look at the picture tomorrow @Lynne. I suppose, apart from a camera, a kettle or means to boil water is top of the list as a travel accessory I don't like to be without.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,884 mod
    As for my taste it is a bit filigree. I do not know to I snor or have fights at nights, therefore this stand would be too weak for my use.
    edited March 2014
    When I am on a journey I have big problems by using the toilets. Most of them are too small where I can hardly move. I often have on a warm thick anorak and some bags with me.
    If you hear someone bangging on the cabin walls near your toilets cabin it could be me.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,776 mod
    I want that aero-tray!
    Not for travelling but for at home. :)
    A fan is another very useful travel accessory.
    I would take alonge a wet towel, becaue when I am on a journey I often get the need to clean my hands.
    A large size man's handkerchief has the same use. Here I'm finding keeping one handy very useful to mop my brow as it's so hot.
  • SaraSara Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    Tissue papers and a bunch of chocolate s are essential for me.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,776 mod
    Folding cane! I try not to forget this.
    So far I haven't needed it though. :)
    Those nifty folding chairs are good if you're going somewhere where you might have queue for a long time.

I found a blow up cushion for my neck has come in handy on long bus rides.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    I never ever forget my lipstick and perfume.
  • lijiang777888lijiang777888 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I always bring my laptop.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,644 mod
    I always carry a packet of tissues with me nowadays. I'm worried I'm turning into my mother.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends where I am going to. But for a distance traveling, I usually keep first aid items like a mini packet of tissues/ a small napkin, safety pins, pain killers, a bandage and plaster, some salt and sugar. Sound weird but these things are always in my bag.

I don't forget to keep my sunglasses and a small knife, yes a small folding knife. :)

• sapkassapkas Posts: 67 ✭✭
    I always take my Kindle everywhere. Because of that I don't waste my time because I can read books at any time :)
    I have given up on taking a small penknife @bubbli, as I've had too many confiscated when I've forgotten to pack it in checked in baggage.

Usually I have a small folding umbrella, my tablet, camera, a pen and small notebook and some tissues in my hand luggage.