Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

English at school

Hello everybody

While working on my thesis about problems foreign English learners encounter, I noticed that most of the students around the world have difficulties with pronounciation. Therefore, I would love to get to know how much hours of English you have/had at school a week. Could you please also tell me the country you live in?

e.g. 3 hours a week / Belgium

Thanks in advance

Brent

Comments

• BrentDeBondtORCBrentDeBondtORC Posts: 8
    3 hours a week / Belgium
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,139 mod
    In Nepal children are taught every day for about 40 minutes. However often the teachers don't give the students much opportunity to speak in class, so they get next to no time to practice speaking.
  • BrentDeBondtORCBrentDeBondtORC Posts: 8
    @mheredge Why do Nepalese students don't even have the chance to practise their speaking skills? Isn't it a part of the subject English then?
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,139 mod
    The teachers don't usually like to speak English or if they do, it is not particularly easy to follow them @BrentDeBondtORC. But I think this is a common problem is most of Asia.