Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Pets

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 31,042 mod
I had to laugh, but how besotted are you with your pet?

The label for a woman who has a house full of cats is cat lady, but I'm sure it applies to other pets too.

Tagged:

Comments

• VokVok Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    I've got a not very owner-friendly cat, a blue Scottish fold breed named Barcelona. For the reason she's very standoffish and even trying to stroke her is just asking for trouble, I'm not particularly besotted with her. She treats us like we're her maids. Cats are so selfish.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    edited April 11
    That's cats for you @Vok. But I suppose I like them for this. I would hate to be drooled over.

You might find this amusing: AN ADORABLE cat turns into a sadistic psychopath the second she leaves the house, it has been revealed.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/environment/cat-goes-outside-to-commit-atrocities-20180411147075

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,698 mod
    I love cats. My cat is beautiful, and I do hope that I will be able to get some more cats, as I find that they are excellent companions.
    edited April 12
    I don't have a cat, but when I did, I only possessed a little dog basket with a cushion for her to sleep in. Now I possess two photos, one of the Siamese cat I used to have and another of a Siamese cat sitting on a window sill gazing at her owner, which I took in Havana years ago.

Do you have any of the cat accessories showing in the picture @GemmaRowlands?

Apparently if you tape a frame on the floor, the cat will get into it. I have never tried this, but I'm willing to bet it's true. Have you tried this @Vok?

Post edited by mheredge on
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,698 mod
    mheredge said:

I don't have a cat, but when I did, I only possessed a little dog basket with a cushion for her to sleep in. Now I possess two photos, one of the Siamese cat I used to have and another of a Siamese cat sitting on a window sill gazing at her owner, which I took in Havana years ago.

Do you have any of the cat accessories showing in the picture @GemmaRowlands?

Apparently if you tape a frame on the floor, the cat will get into it. I have never tried this, but I'm willing to bet it's true. Have you tried this @Vok?

I have a scratching post, a bed, lots of toys, and a cardboard box that she loves sleeping in. I really want to try the tape trick - I will let you know how that goes!
    I'm intrigued to hear how it goes as I am pretty sure that the cat might sit inside the taped area. I know mine used to love sitting in the middle of the newspaper if I was stupid enough to lay it down flat anywhere @GemmaRowlands.
  • VokVok Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    No, I haven't tried it @mheredge . I'm sure my cat would love it. It's almost like a box which cats love to get inside. I'm impressed by cats ability to fit into tight spaces.
    Cats seem to adore boxes @Vok, but only on their terms. My cat used to struggle when I ever tried putting her into a box to then take her somewhere. In the end I gave up and just put a collar and lead on her for extra security, but took her in the car free to move around.