Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Save Mother Earth

I think there is a lot to say about this topic . Lets hear the views of our wonderful members.

Comments

• mustafatajanimustafatajani Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Share your view @mheredge @Paulette @Frank @nidhii @Vok @jackelliot @Lynne @Bubbly @MartinC @Faten_S @Sara @peaceculture2 @Diakha @Karan @Baraah @hichem
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 815 OTT
    @mustafatajani

less plastic wastage would be a benefit

jackelliot.over-blog.com/
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,023 mod
    @mustafatajani in my area there started an action in the department stores where you can to give back all the superfluous plastic packings. This action is a bit a protest to all the firm who use too much plastic as package.
    I think it is a good idea because at least these plastic packaging will not be thrown away everywhere in the nature.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,060 mod
    Increasingly supermarkets are banning plastics, paper cups and other environmentally harmful products. They do it for the publicity of course, but it is still a very positive way to go.
    @jackelliot Yes I agree with you in our town plastic has been banned since this april . It was a nice initiative . But there was a problem many people's livelihood depends on them . do you any alternative option for their earnings.
    @Paulette that is nice but still plastic production is not stopped . So there will be disposal of it . We need to use recyclable plastic. You are right amount of plastic are used in packaging .
    @mheredge yes complete banned on non-recyclable plastic will the first step towards saving Mother Earth
    Increasingly companies are banning the use of plastic cups, straws, packaging and so on. But I saw a very interesting article this morning about the use of waste plastic to surface roads @mustafatajani.

https://www.plasticroad.eu/en/
    @mheredge Yes I have also read about it. Its nice way to dispose this plastic materials.
    Climate change is something that really needs more people to understand and I am shocked how the US seems to be in denial that it even exists @mustafatajani.
    @mheredge main effect is climate . I have experienced myself.
    I think people in towns and cities don't always see it as easily as people in the countryside @mustafatajani. I have seen how it is obvious in the Himalayas, especially where glaciers have retreated dramatically.
    @mheredge yes you are right this ill effect is necessarily to show the rest of the world . We need to bring light on this topic.
    Have you had a look at the topic on the war on plastic @mustafatajani?

http://learn-english-forum.org/discussion/5823/war-on-plastic#latest