Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

World Down Syndrome Day. 21 of March

sammanisammani Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
I thought to post about this here to get to know the ideas of forum friends about the people with down syndrome.
I went to celebrate the world down syndrome day,organized by sri lankan rotract club.That was my first time.I was really emotional when I talked with and spend time with those people.
I spend the whole day with these people.I saw they can do many things.Andalso they caring people than normal people.We did many activities together.They shew their talents well.I found some of them can dance and sing very well.That was amazing.
But today in the society they are ignored and the do not have any chance to show their abilities.I think all people with down syndrome should have opportunities to live valued lives.
Let people with down syndrome give a opportunity.we should not ignore them. <3 <3

Please post your valuble ideas here my friends. :)

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    You are right @sammani, people with Down's Syndrome are often much more affectionate. I only knew one girl with this, when I was young, so I have never had much experience being around with them though.