Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Italy at a Thermal Bath

HermineHermine ModeratorPosts: 6,939 mod
Iˋve taken a few days out from my ordinary life. Iˋm in Italy and I can tell you Iˋm enjoying the days. Here the people in the hotel and the local ones are very kind to me. Today Iˋ was using a hotelˋs bice and ended up nowhere, but people were so helpful to me and I could find the way back to the hotel. A young man who even were cleaning the local windows crossed the street and helped me.

@Marianne - talking about using towels. Iˋm trying to put the towels and bath rugs there where they belong to, but the stuff always puts freshly ones on the railings.

The morning swims are the best ever.

Iˋm sure here the nature is ahead I think at least one month compaired to my home. Yesterday I saw a few people trimming their garden and I saw some dandelon and also trees flowering.
At home last week the whole area was covered in snow.

Last night I felt so alone in my bedroom but I had my hot water bottle with me and so I weathered the time. This morning I was blessed by the warm pool and mornings sun.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    Does the hotel have a heated pool @Hermine? I would have thought the water is still too cold otherwise.

Doesn't the hotel have a towel policy displayed in the room? Most do nowadays. Otherwise all you need to do is to tell the reception that you don't need the towels changed. I tell the housekeeping staff at one of the hotels I use in Kathmandu, though the other is much better as they will only change them when I ask them to (they have a policy to change if guest leave the towel on the bathroom floor).

I love Italy. I went last Monday for the day. Everything was closed except a few shops but it was still very nice to go and see the different delicacies for sale in the little food shops that were open.