Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

what food do you like the most ?

ech0panditech0pandit Posts: 26 ✭✭
please suggest the same for us , what foods are best to try and which is better than which

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    My list is very long @ech0pandit! I love oysters, foie gras and truffles, but these are very expensive so I don't eat them very often!!
  • ech0panditech0pandit Posts: 26 ✭✭
    @mheredge ,if you ate them very often , they wouldn't have had been your favourite because you appetite of getting them would decrease , i mean the hunger to get it lol
    Maybe @ech0pandit, but also the foie gras would make me very fat.

I do like fish a lot and in a few minutes I will be making lunch with the cod I bought in the market yesterday.
    well my love for food depends on time , if i am away- i would really want the home made food by my mother
    if i am at home i really want to eat the comfort foods lol.... that contain pizza, pasta ,pav bhaji etc ... etc
    I like vegetables a lot and over the weekend roasted some red peppers. They taste wonderful after they have been cooked slowly in the oven.

I am looking to try out making fondant potatoes from this recipe, but I just need to chose which of the many cooking methods suggested.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/nov/05/how-to-cook-the-perfect-fondant-potatoes

well they look perfectly roasted haha
    I'm a big fan of salad and especially if the weather is warm @ech0pandit. However since the weather has been so bad, I have been glad of the batches of soup I made and put in the freezer. This is very useful 'comfort food' for when it is cold.
  • VokVok Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    I really like eating chicken or mushroom soup when it's cold or when I feel under the weather. Nothing warms me up more than a steamy bowl of chicken broth @mheredge .
    I was planning on making some Thai green curry yesterday for the freezer (and dinner) until I discovered that I didn't have any coconut milk. Today I am going to have to get some as I have all the other ingredients. I will make a veggie version and then later if I want to add chicken, I can always add this at the last minute.
  • danrogdanrog Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I like burritos. Do you all know that? it is like bread with basically everything inside lol
    I like burritos but with guacamole, cheese and sour cream @danrog. On their own, they do nothing for me.
    i have never eaten a burrito but i can sure as hell say it sounds tasty by how you guys describe it @mheredge , @danrog
    They do look good when stuffed like this @ech0pandit:

yum they look amazing , i can sense the red chutney's spicyness from here only
    I had some very ripe tomatoes and a big red pepper which I didn't know what to do with, so I roasted the pepper and cooked up the tomatoes and some onion and garlic, mixed them all together and now I will freeze up portions to use whenever I need something to go with pasta or for that matter pretty much anything.
    add some ginger to have a kicking sense of taste, i mean if i could , i would use ginger in almost all savoury tasting things , although i have tried ginger with only one sweet dish that is tea LOL, it is good and works like a charm for sore throats and common cold
    That's a point. I have some garlic and ginger paste in my fridge that I could add @ech0pandit.
  • MohamedBoraiy1234567MohamedBoraiy1234567 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    i like fish , pizza and fruits.
    Today I had veal liver cooked so it was still pink inside. It was cooked in a lovely sauce made from herbs and garlic. It was delicious.