Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

My retells of the "Peppa Pig" episodes

gsaburovgsaburov Posts: 19 ✭✭
Hi everyone :) I continue retelling episodes of this serial.

"Peppa Pig" is a serial for kids. Every episode of this serial tells us a funny story about piggie named Peppa, her little brother - George, their Parents (Pappa Pig and Mummy) and their friend and classmates.

I'm beginner and my texts may have some mistakes. If you have a little of time, please read this text. Of course I would be so glad to see any comments about my mistakes.

This episode named "The lunch"

Peppa and George and their parents arrived to the GrandPa's house. They were really happy to see Granny and GrandPa again. Granny suggested the kids that they should help GrandPa pick some vegetables from the the garden for lunch. The kids agreed and hurried to the GrandPa's garden. GrandPa collected few tomatoes and asked the kids if they liked tomatoes. Peppa liked tomatoes but George didn't. Further we can get known that Peppa liked either the lettuce and the cucumbers. However George like neither the lettuce nor the cucumbers. GrandPa asked George if he like any vegetables. "No, I don't", said George.

In the next part we can see how the whole piggie's family have lunch. First, they ate a slice of the pizza. Everyone liked the pizza. Then, the others begun eating the vegetable's salad. But George didn't want to eat the salad because he didn't like vegetables. Granny asked George if he would like to eat some lettuce. Pappa asked him if he would like to eat few tomatoes. However, George wanted nothing out of this and burst into the tears. Granny put into the George's plate a leaf of the lettuce. She cut few tomatoes and few cucumbers and put into the George's plate too. Then she made a dinosaur from slices of tomatoes, cucumbers and a leaf of the lettuce. George ate this salad with pleasure because he really liked dinosaurs. He didn't want to have more helpings of the salad and said that he was full.

Finally Granny got out from the oven the chocolate cake. And George wanted to eat the chocolate cake so much because he really liked this one. The others were very glad because George seemed to get his appetite back. They ate the chocolate cake with pleasure and that story was ended.

Thank you for reading :-)
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    gsaburov said:

Hi everyone :) I continue retelling episodes of this serial.

"Peppa Pig" is a serial for kids. Every episode of this serial tells us a funny story about a piggie named Peppa, her little brother - George, their parents (Pappa Pig and Mummy) and their friend and classmates.

I'm beginner and my texts may have some mistakes. If you have a little of time, please read this text. Of course I would be so glad to see any comments about my mistakes.

This episode is named "The lunch"

Peppa and George and their parents arrived at Grandpa's house. They were really happy to see Granny and Grandpa again. Granny suggested the kids that they should help Grandpa pick some vegetables from the the garden for lunch. The kids agreed and hurried to Grandpa's garden. Grandpa collected few tomatoes and asked the kids if they liked tomatoes. Peppa liked tomatoes but George didn't. Peppa liked lettuce and cucumbers. However George like neither lettuce nor cucumbers. GrandPa asked George if he like any vegetables. "No, I don't", said George.

In the next part we can see how the whole piggie family have lunch. First, they ate a slice of the pizza. Everyone liked the pizza. Then, the others begun eating the vegetable salad. But George didn't want to eat the salad because he didn't like vegetables. Granny asked George if he would like to eat some lettuce. Pappa asked him if he would like to eat few tomatoes. However, George wanted nothing and burst into the tears. Granny put onto George's plate a leaf of the lettuce. She cut a few tomatoes and cucumber slices and put these onto George's plate too. Then she made a dinosaur from the slices of tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce leaf. George ate this salad with pleasure because he really liked dinosaurs. He didn't want to have more helpings of the salad and said that he was full.

Finally Granny got out from the oven a chocolate cake. And George wanted to eat the chocolate cake so much because he really liked this. The others were very glad because George seemed to get his appetite back. They ate the chocolate cake with pleasure and the story ended.

Thank you for reading :-)

Articles are difficult! Have a look at https://www.grammarly.com/blog/articles/ as this gives a good explanation of how they are used. Otherwise though, very good @gsaburov.
  • gsaburovgsaburov Posts: 19 ✭✭
    > @mheredge said:
    > Articles are difficult! Have a look at (link) as this gives a good explanation of how they are used. Otherwise though, very good @gsaburov.
    mheredge, thank you for the link. I have read this article and it was helpful for me. I read others articles and watch videos (on Youtube) about this topic. I try to use articles in my texts correctly.

Thank you for reading and corrections of my mistakes :-)
    Hi everyone :-) I continue to write the retellings of the episodes "Peppa Pig" serial. I have written the retelling of the the episode named "Daddy's movie camera". If you have a little bit of free time, please read my text. Of course, I will be very glad to read your comments about my mistaces.

Mr. Zebra was a postman and he got to the house of the piggies.
    Daddy took the parcel from Mr. Zebra and thanked his.
    "Have a good day", said Mr. Zebra to Daddy and got into his car and went on his path.
    Daddy came back into the room where was Mummy and the kids.
    "Guess, what is in this parcel?", asked Daddy to them.
    Peppa asked if it was a new toy.
    "You are very close", said Daddy.
    Mummy said that she knew that was into the parcel.
    "It is the new toy for Daddy, It is the new movie camera", went on Mummy her phrase.
    Daddy said that Mummy was right.
    "We can film everything with this device and then we can watch the filmed movie on TV", went on Daddy.

Further Daddy opened the parcel and get the camera from the box.
    However, he didn't know how to use this device with the right way.
    "I suppose that you should press this green button.", said Peppa.
    Daddy did that and the camera got switched on.
    Peppa asked Daddy whether he could film her first.
    "Sure!", said Daddy and begun filming her.
    "I'm Peppa Pig", said Peppa with a smile and showed her tongue.
    Then, the whole family watched that movie on the TV again and again and laughed

Mummy and the kids suggested Daddy that he should come out from the room for a short while.
    Daddy came back to the room some moments later
    At first, Daddy saw a short movie where George pretended that he was a dinosaur.
    George roared so scary that he was frightened hisself when he saw that movie.
    And then Daddy saw a movie where Mummy and the kids were.
    Peppa pretended that she was Daddy
    "I'm Daddy Pig and I have a big tummy and I like a cakes", said Peppa.
    Daddy said that it was true that he liked cakes.
    "However, I don't have a big tummy", went on Daddy.
    "But then more you eat cakes, them your tummy gets bigger", said the kids to Daddy with a smile.
    Daddy got snored really loudy and said that it was real Daddy.
    The whole family burst into laugh.
    This story ended.
    gsaburov said:

Hi everyone :-) I continue to write the retellings of the episodes "Peppa Pig" serial. I have written the retelling of the the episode named "Daddy's movie camera". If you have a little bit of free time, please read my text. Of course, I will be very glad to read your comments about my mistaces.

Mr. Zebra was a postman and he got to the house of the piggies.

Daddy took the parcel from Mr. Zebra and thanked him.

"Have a good day", said Mr. Zebra to Daddy and got into his car and went on his way.

Daddy came back into the room where Mummy and the kids were.

"Guess, what is in this parcel?", asked Daddy them.

Peppa asked if it was a new toy.

"You are very close", said Daddy.

Mummy said that she knew what was in the parcel.

"It is the new toy for Daddy; it is a new movie camera", went on Mummy.

Daddy said that Mummy was right.

"We can film everything with this device and then we can watch the movie on TV", went on Daddy.

Daddy opened the parcel and got the camera from the box.

However, he didn't know how to use this device the right way.

"I suppose that you should press this green button.", said Peppa.

Daddy did that and the camera switched on.

Peppa asked Daddy whether he could film her first.

"Sure!", said Daddy and begun filming her.

"I'm Peppa Pig", said Peppa with a smile and showed her tongue.

Then, the whole family watched that movie on the TV again and again and laughed

Mummy and the kids suggested Daddy should come out from the room for a short while.

Daddy came back to the room some moments later

At first, Daddy saw a short movie where George pretended that he was a dinosaur.

George roared so scarily that he frightened himself when he saw the movie.

And then Daddy saw a movie with Mummy and the kids.

Peppa pretended that she was Daddy.

"I'm Daddy Pig and I have a big tummy and I like cakes", said Peppa.

Daddy said that it was true that he liked cakes.

"However, I don't have a big tummy", went on Daddy.

"But then more you eat cakes, then your tummy gets bigger", said the kids to Daddy with a smile.

Daddy snored really loudly [and said that it was real Daddy - ??].

The whole family burst into laughter.

This story ended.

@gsa when you put another in speech marks, the full stop or comma comes before the final speech marks.

"I told you not to come," she said.
    @mheredge, thank you for your corrections and explanations.

I have read this article https :// en.oxforddictionaries. com/punctuation/punctuation-in-direct-speech about punctuation in the direct speech.

But, please explain me, why

‘They think it’s a more respectable job,’ said Jo.
    but
    ‘You’re right,’ he said.

It's not clear for me.
    Both are correct @gsaburov and you can say either. Sometimes it is better not to repeat the order if the two phrases follow immediately after each other.
    >Daddy snored really loudly [and said that it was real Daddy - ??].
    @mheredge it was a joke in the end of this movie. Looks like I couldn't retell its:-)
    edited April 4
    Hi there:-) I've written the retelling of the episode named "Windy Castle". Please, read my text and tell me about my mistakes if you have a little free time. Thank you

The piggies family were going to have a trip to the windy castle.
    Peppa doubted whether visiting windy castle was would be interesting for them.
    "Sure! It will be interesting for you," said Mummy, "You will have the great view from the top of the windy castle"
    "Hooray!," shouted the children and jumped in the car.
    Daddy suggested Mummy that driving the car.
    "And I will read the map," Daddy went on.
    Mummy doubted. "Are you remember our last trip? You have read the map. We've got lost and you've got grumpy"
    Daddy was sure that it would be had never happened again.
    They got in the car and their trip began.

Peppa suggested playing Spy.
    Spy is the game where one player has to make a guess something and describe it.
    The others should try to guess what it is.
    "I see something red. Guess what is it?," Daddy said.
    Peppa supposed whether it was her shirt.
    "No!", replied Daddy.
    "Maybe Is it our car?," carried on Peppa.
    She was right at that time.
    "It is something blue but it is out of our car," Peppa made the next guess.
    "Maybe is it the sky?", guessed Mummy.
    She was right.

They went already for a quite long time.
    Mummy asked Daddy if they would get lost.
    "Definitely, No!," shouted Daddy but he wasn't sure in his own words.
    He got a little grumpy.
    Mummy called to Granny and asked her how they could get to the windy castle.
    "You should go straight along the main road. You will see the windy castle soon", Granny replied.
    And the truth, they got there in a while.

Daddy suggested that they should go upstairs
    When they went to the top of the windy castle, they found there a telescope
    "The telescope," explained Daddy, "is such kind of device which helps us to see far object closer".
    The kids wanted to play with that device.
    Peppa saw the house of the grandparents.
    George saw the grandparents who came out of the house at that moment.
    He was very glad to see Granny and Grandpa and he waved them.
    However, The grandparents were too far and weren't able to see George.
    Mummy called them by phone and said that George saw them in the telescope.
    Granny and Grandpa waved to George too.
    The whole piggies family were very excited to be at the top of the windy castle.
    This story ended.
    gsaburov said:

Hi there:-) I've written the retelling of the episode named "Windy Castle". Please, read my text and tell me about my mistakes if you have a little free time. Thank you

The piggies' family were going to have a trip to the windy castle.

Peppa doubted whether visiting windy castle would be interesting for them.

"Sure! It will be interesting for you," said Mummy, "You will have a great view from the top of the windy castle"

"Hooray!," shouted the children and jumped in the car.

Daddy suggested Mummy should drive the car.

"And I will read the map," Daddy went on.

Mummy was doubtful. "Do you remember our last trip? You read the map. We got lost and you got grumpy"

Daddy was sure that it would be okay and would never happen again.

They got in the car and their trip began.

Peppa suggested playing I Spy.

I Spy is the game where one player has to chose something and describe it.

The others should try to guess what it is.

"I see something red. Guess what is it?," Daddy said.

Peppa supposed it was her shirt.

"No!", replied Daddy.

"Maybe it is our car?," carried on Peppa.

She was right that time.

"It is something blue but it is outside of our car," Peppa said.

"Maybe is it the sky?", guessed Mummy.

She was right.

They went on for a quite long time.

Mummy asked Daddy if they were lost.

"Definitely, No!," shouted Daddy but he wasn't sure of his own words.

He got a little grumpy.

Mummy called Granny and asked her how they could get to the windy castle.

"You should go straight along the main road. You will see the windy castle soon", Granny replied.

And actually they got there in a while.

Daddy suggested that they should go up the stairs.

When they got to the top of the windy castle, they found there was a telescope

"The telescope," explained Daddy, "is a kind of device which helps us to see far objects closer".

The kids wanted to play with that device.

Peppa saw the house of the grandparents.

George saw their grandparents who came out of the house at that moment.

He was very glad to see Granny and Grandpa and he waved them.

However, the grandparents were too far and weren't able to see George.

Mummy called them by phone and said that George saw them in the telescope.

Granny and Grandpa waved to George too.

The whole piggies' family were very excited to be at the top of the windy castle.

This story ended.

Thank you a lot, @mheredge for your corrections :smile:

Please, explain me why I should write "Mummy was doubtful." instead "Mummy doubted."?
    Again there mean the same thing @gsaburov.

Mummy was doubtful that her son would be out on time.

Mummy doubted her son would be out on time.
    Hi, everyone :smile: I've written a retelling of the episod named "Treasure Hunter" of the "Peppa Pig" serial. If you've a little free time, please read my text and say to me about mistakes. Thank you for reading and have a good day :smile:

The grandparents came up with a new game for their lovely grandchildren.
    The game was about treasure hunting.
    Granny painted a map on which she described the path to find a treasure
    Grandpa put the treasure into the big woody box and buried it in the ground.
    They finished their work at the very moment when the kids arrived.
    Everyone was very glad to see each other again.

"We would like to suggest you play a game," Grandpa said.
    "What kind of game would you play with us?," wondered the kids.
    "The game is called "Treasure Hunter". You should try to find very worth treasure. You have a few tips which help you," he explained.
    Granny brought a map from the house and explained to the kids that it helps them to find treasure.
    "Could I take a look at this map. I'm very good at map reading", Daddy wondered.
    Granny give a map to him.
    Daddy stared at the map for a short while.
    "It is quite difficult for me," said Daddy with a doubt.
    Mummy explained to him that he watched the map upside down.

"Not only the map will help you to find the treasure," Granny said to the kids, " There is a bottle in the garden".
    She suggested that they should find it and then they could read Pirate's letter.
    "In the letter, you will find information about the next clue", added Granny with a smile.
    Peppa looked around and saw the bottle in the garden.
    She picked up it and took the letter from the bottle.
    That letter explained to her that the kids should follow the arrows.
    George saw the sticks in the shape of the arrow and the kids rushed up in that direction.
    The grown-ups hurried up too and everyone got to the place near two apple trees in the garden.
    "You should take a look at the map again", said Granny to the kids.
    They did it and got to know that the treasure buried in between the apple trees.

Grandpa began digging and he dug on the box in a short while
    "Hooray," the piggies shouted and opened the box
    They found lots of gold coins there.
    "It isn't gold coins," Grandpa explained, "It is something special. It's chocolate coins"
    They ate chocolate coins with pleasure.
    The story ended.
    @mheredge, thank you a lot =)
    @gsaburov
    gsaburov said:

Hi, everyone :smile: I've written a retelling of the episode named "Treasure Hunter" of the "Peppa Pig" serial. If you've a little free time, please read my text and tell me about any mistakes. Thank you for reading and have a good day :smile:

The grandparents came up with a new game for their lovely grandchildren.

The game was about treasure hunting.

Granny painted a map on which she described the path to find a treasure

Grandpa put the treasure into the big wooden box and buried it in the ground.

They finished their work at the very moment when the kids arrived.

Everyone was very glad to see each other again.

"We would like to suggest you play a game," Grandpa said.

"What kind of game would you like to play with us?," wondered the kids.

"The game is called "Treasure Hunter". You should try to find very valuable treasure. You have a few tips which will help you," he explained.

Granny brought a map from the house and explained to the kids that it would help them to find the treasure.

"Could I take a look at this map? I'm very good at map reading", Daddy asked.

Granny give the map to him.

Daddy stared at |it for a short while.

"It is quite difficult for me," said Daddy doubtfully.

Mummy explained to him that he was looking at the map upside down.

"Not only the map will help you to find the treasure," Granny said to the kids, " There is a bottle in the garden".

She suggested that they should find it and then they could read Pirate's letter.

"In the letter, you will find information about the next clue", added Granny with a smile.

Peppa looked around and saw the bottle in the garden.

She picked up it and took the letter from the bottle.

That letter explained to her that the kids should follow the arrows.

George saw the sticks in the shape of an arrow and the kids rushed up in that direction.

The grown-ups hurried up too and everyone got to the place near two apple trees in the garden.

"You should take a look at the map again", said Granny to the kids.

They did and got to know that the treasure buried in between the apple trees.

Grandpa began digging and he dug on the box in a short while

"Hooray," the piggies shouted and opened the box

They found lots of gold coins there.

"They aren't gold coins," Grandpa explained, "It is something special. They are chocolate coins"

They ate the chocolate coins with pleasure.

The story ended.

You might want to check your articles and the difference between using 'the' and 'a.'