Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

write a sentence and get likes

Hi every one


what do you think about my suggestion .. write a sentence with out any mistake and get likes from the members.

lets start writing this will help us to find out new words and by time we will speak with out thinking about the right word.
«13

Comments

  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,540 mod
    I have 'liked' this as I think it's a good idea @amenah.
  • amenahamenah Posts: 34 ✭✭
    @mheredge

    thank you ..
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,540 mod
    @lisa, @april, @Vok, @kindgnice, @Shiny03, @Yellowtail, @filauzio, @nidhii, @Paulette, @Michouxe let's have a competition to see what sentences you can contribute that @amenah can comment on and earn 'likes.'
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,794 mod
    Okay, let's get started! ;)
    I am a pluviophile type of person because I love rainy season.

    (Please correct my sentence, if in case). Thanks ;)
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,569 mod
    edited February 28
    Thank you for your invitation, @amenah.
    This is my first sentence: "Why don't you start with your first sentence?" :)
    Post edited by april on
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    kindgnice wrote: »
    Okay, let's get started! ;)
    I am a pluviophile type of person because I love rainy season.

    (Please correct my sentence, if in case). Thanks ;)
    @kindgnice I think only this much is needed to write as "pluviophile " means rain lover.

    "I am a pluviophile that's why I love rainy season."
    Please correct me also.
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    @amenah It's festive time in India so I am lollygagging at home ;)
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    mheredge wrote: »
    @lisa, @april, @Vok, @kindgnice, @Shiny03, @Yellowtail, @filauzio, @nidhii, @Paulette, @Michouxe let's have a competition to see what sentences you can contribute that @amenah can comment on and earn 'likes.'

    Let's have
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,578 mod
    @amenah the sentence of me is: "I always believe that spring has started when I see lambs in the pasture."
  • VokVok Posts: 626 ✭✭✭
    Why can't I see this thread in 'Recent Discussions'? Please feel free to count this as a sentence, but the answer is welcome.
  • lisalisa Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    @amenah I feel sluggish today and want to have a sleep during my working time. :#
  • amenahamenah Posts: 34 ✭✭
    @mheredge



    thank you for inviting some member .. they all get likes ;)


    @mheredge
  • amenahamenah Posts: 34 ✭✭
    > @lisa said:
    > @amenah I feel sluggish today and want to have a sleep during my working time. :#

    thank you lisa I learnt anew word from your sentence .the word is "sluggish"
    that's why I encourage people to write :)))))
  • amenahamenah Posts: 34 ✭✭
    > @Vok said:
    > Why can't I see this thread in 'Recent Discussions'? Please feel free to count this as a sentence, but the answer is welcome.

    always welcome
  • amenahamenah Posts: 34 ✭✭
    > @Paulette said:
    > @amenah the sentence of me is: "I always believe that spring has started when I see lambs in the pasture."
    '
    great sentence because I remember cartoon named be "haidy"
    she lives with her grandfather in the Alps .. have you ever seen it
  • amenahamenah Posts: 34 ✭✭
    > @nidhii said:
    > @amenah It's festive time in India so I am lollygagging at home ;)


    no place like home :smile:
    I like indian culture .. what dose this festival called ?
  • amenahamenah Posts: 34 ✭✭
    > @april said:
    > Thank you for your invitation, @amenah.
    > This is my first sentence: "Why don't you start with your first sentence?" :)

    i am very happy because you are sharing me some of your writing
    .. thank you
  • amenahamenah Posts: 34 ✭✭
    > @kindgnice said:
    > Okay, let's get started! ;)
    > I am a pluviophile type of person because I love rainy season.
    >
    > (Please correct my sentence, if in case). Thanks ;)
    me too .. i like rain

    i don't understand your word "pluviophile"
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,578 mod
    @amenah another nice sentence:
    The rebelling mouse was injured by the wooden mousetrap.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,569 mod
    kindgnice wrote: »
    Okay, let's get started! ;)
    I am a pluviophile type of person because I love rainy season.

    (Please correct my sentence, if in case). Thanks ;)

    Hi @kindgnice , I'm sure rainy seasons nowadays are not those ones it used to be.
    There could be no rain at all during that season and a lot of rain during dry seasons, right? :)
    If I were you I would say, "I love rainy days, because I am a pluviophile." :)
    ( Don't pay attention to my comment, I'm talking nonsense. :) )
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,569 mod
    Vok wrote: »
    Why can't I see this thread in 'Recent Discussions'? Please feel free to count this as a sentence, but the answer is welcome.

    @Vok , maybe you need to scroll down and down and down :) .
    It is possible that a lot of other threads come after this one.

  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,794 mod
    april said:


    Hi @kindgnice , I'm sure rainy seasons nowadays are not those ones it used to be.

    There could be no rain at all during that season and a lot of rain during dry seasons, right? :)

    If I were you I would say, "I love rainy days, because I am a pluviophile." :)

    ( Don't pay attention to my comment, I'm talking nonsense. :) )

    Haha, it's okay @april. I honestly miss the rainy season in Philippines, unlike here in Japan, it is all about winter season, which pans out that my skin gets drier and itchier every day. :lol: @april
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,794 mod
    @amenah said:


    i don't understand your word "pluviophile"

    Sure my friend. Pluviophile means a lover of rain or someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days. :)

    Reference: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/submission/13416/Pluviophile

    I am also wondering why it's not yet written in Merriam Webster's database... Hmm :angry:
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,540 mod
    @nidhii I learned a new word today. Lollygagging seems to have a variety of meanings.

    - fool around, dawdle: 'Stop lollygagging and get to work.'
    - purposely finding other things to do other than what you should be doing.
    - to idle about; goof off.
    - to kiss and caress; dally; make out, neck, trade spit (1868+)

    And that's the way they do it, lollygagging all about the ship and letting me drink myself to death.

    A Son Of The Sun
    Jack London


  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    amenah wrote: »
    > @nidhii said:
    > @amenah It's festive time in India so I am lollygagging at home ;)


    no place like home :smile:
    I like indian culture .. what dose this festival called ?

    Holy that is festival of color
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,540 mod
    I didn't used to lollygag during holi @nidhii, I used to hide! I don't know about now but when I was working in Kathmandu a few years ago, our employer used to give the ladies the day off to stay at home during the festival as there were too many cases of spiteful attacks on women, where men were throwing dirty water over them. In the countryside it was okay, but the streets of Kathmandu could become very unpleasant on this day. I remember the police cracking down on this behaviour and so I am not sure if it is still as bad as it used to be.
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    mheredge wrote: »
    I didn't used to lollygag during holi @nidhii, I used to hide! I don't know about now but when I was working in Kathmandu a few years ago, our employer used to give the ladies the day off to stay at home during the festival as there were too many cases of spiteful attacks on women, where men were throwing dirty water over them. In the countryside it was okay, but the streets of Kathmandu could become very unpleasant on this day. I remember the police cracking down on this behaviour and so I am not sure if it is still as bad as it used to be.
    @mheredge We play Holi with friends and relatives in our society or we go to their home so it's fun. And Police do keep check on Women security .In my city you can wander freely on Holi.
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge I used lollygagging in meaning to spending time idle as it's festive time
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,540 mod
    If I was in Kathmandu I used to stay in on Holi as I didn't want to get ambushed and soaked with dirty water @nidhii. But whenever I was in India during Holi, I noticed that it was celebrated with much more good humour and it was fun.
  • filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of @amenah : try to write down grammatically correct phrases and earn the ' like ', but... what's the subject ?
    I mean I would like some subject behind the wheel to keep our minds focused on the right path. Maybe just a clue.

    I agree with @april
    april said:

    Thank you for your invitation, @amenah.
    This is my first sentence: "Why don't you start with your first sentence?" :)

    glad to stop strict diet, splashed in belly flop? Don't care you're not light, here on English hop !
Sign In or Register to comment.