When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-

Improvement is a continuous process

Hello everyone,

I am Saumak from India. I am intended to improve my soft skill through Learn English Forum.
In India, lots of people like me, have studied in English medium school, college and Universities, but still they are unable to communicate effectively. The reason being that people generally communicate with each other in their native language and hesitate to converse in English. And to master any language, one has to practise it on a daily basis.
For this practise purpose, I am here at this forum. I hope after connecting with you guys in forums and Skype/hangout, I would be able to learn and gather necessary skills what I expect from myself at this point in time.

Open for your suggestions!!

Thanks & Regards,

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 30,528 mod
    Welcome @Saumak. So e areas of India use English more than others (like Darjeeling). Watching British and American movies is one way to improve your listening skills, and reading any English language newspapers you find. Where in India do you live?
  • walterwalter Posts: 110 ✭✭
    @Saumak hello, welcome to this forum. Like you, i am for the same reason at this forum. I from Europe, Balkan area.