Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

My retell of episode of serial "Peppa Pig"

gsaburovgsaburov Posts: 19 ✭✭
Hi there :-)
I'm beginner in learning English. I try to write retells of episodes of "Peppa Pig" serial. I do it for improve my writing skills. And today I worked hard and I wrote retell of an episode named "Very Hot Day". If you have a couple of free minutes, please read this text. Of course. I will be very glad to read any your coments. Especially, about mistakes.

It was usual summer day and very hot weather. The whole piggie's family came out from the house. Peppa and George saw muddy puddles near house and they decided to jump up and down there. Unfortunately, all muddy puddles dried completely under the sun. Peppa and George disliked it and came back to Parents. Mammy suggested kids should swim in the paddling pool instead. Peppa and George agreed with it because they liked to swim in the paddling pool very much. Further, we can see that Mammy suggested everyone had to have some suncream on skin because the sun was very hot. Meanwhile Daddy take out the paddling pool form the house. In a short while the paddling pool became ready for kids and they could swim in it.

In the next part of this episode we can see how Miss Rabbit appeared near piggie's house. She worked as ice cream seller. Mammy decided to buy some ice cream to the whole family. George liked dinosaurs very much and Miss Rabbit gave him a dinosaur-shaped ice lolly. George was very happy. Unfortunately, George didn't eat his icecream fast and it melted and fell down on the ground. George burst into tears. "Never mind, George" said Mammy and gave him Daddy's ice cream.

Finally, we can see that Mammy and kids came back to Daddy and saw that he fell asleep under the sun. They were afraid that he got a sunstroke. They tipped the whole water in the paddling pool on Daddy to cool him down. Daddy woke up immediately and he felt well. Luckly, new muddy puddles appeared after splosh and kids rushed to house and wore thier boots and started to jump up and down in the muddy puddles

This story is ended.

Link on this episode on Youtube: (deleted. Unfortunately, I amn't able to post links)
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    gsaburov said:

Hi there :-)

It was a usual summer day and very hot weather. The piggie's whole family came out from the house. Peppa and George saw muddy puddles near the house and they decided to jump up and down in them. Unfortunately, all the muddy puddles had dried completely under the sun. Peppa and George disliked this and came back to their parents. Mammy suggested the kids should swim in the paddling pool instead. Peppa and George agreed with this because they liked to swim in the paddling pool very much. Mammy suggested everyone to have some suncream on their skin because the sun was very hot. Meanwhile Daddy took out the paddling pool from the house. In a short while the paddling pool was ready for the kids and they could swim in it.

In the next part of this episode we can see how Miss Rabbit appeared near Piggie's house. She worked as an ice cream seller. Mammy decided to buy some ice cream for the whole family. George liked dinosaurs very much and Miss Rabbit gave him a dinosaur-shaped ice lolly. George was very happy. Unfortunately, George didn't eat his icecream fast enough and it melted and fell down on the ground. George burst into tears. "Never mind, George" said Mammy and gave him Daddy's ice cream.

Finally, we can see that Mammy and kids came back to Daddy and saw that he fell asleep under the sun. They were afraid that he would get sunstroke. They tipped all the water in the paddling pool on Daddy to cool him down. Daddy woke up immediately. Luckily, new muddy puddles appeared after this and the kids rushed to the house and wearing their boots started to jump up and down in the muddy puddles

This story is ended.

Link on this episode on Youtube: (deleted. Unfortunately, I amn't able to post links)

Watch out for articles @gsaburov but otherwise well done!
  • gsaburovgsaburov Posts: 19 ✭✭
    > @mheredge said:

> Watch out for articles @gsaburov but otherwise well done!
    Thank you so much for you comment :-)

Of course, I continue to work hard to use articles without mistakes but unfortunately I still have problems with it.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    If in doubt, every noun should have an article @gsaburov. There are a few exceptions but generally you can't go wrong if you use them before nouns. Have a look at the section of the website on grammar for tips on the exceptions.