Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Guess where this quote comes from?

aladdinaladdin Radio ProducerLEOnetworkPosts: 1,633 mod
edited February 28 in Films, TV and Theatre
Hello Friends,
In this topic, we are going to share our favourite quotes from movies, TVs, and games. and let others answer the question: 'Where does this quote come from?'
PS thanks @Vok for this awesome idea.

So LET'S PLAY :D

1- Put your quote with a photo.
2- So we have to guess the name of the character and the name of the moive/tv/ game.
Post edited by Teach on

Comments

• VokVok Posts: 638 ✭✭✭
    @aladdin Are others welcome to share theirs? We can even play a game - 'Guess where does this quote come from?'. What would you say?
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,633 mod
    I'm glad you like it @aladdin . I'll bite the bullet then and kick off with the easy one. So the line is: 'I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!'
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,599 mod
    'Who loves you baby?' Which actor made this question famous?
    Tough one, this is @mheredge . I haven't the foggiest. Let's see if anyone can guess.
    @mheredge and @vok I think we have to post a photo with it or it will be very difficult :D
    so we have to guess the characters and the name of the movies like this one

• XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

That man shall be served.
  • NatashaTNatashaT Posts: 868 Teacher
    Ooh! this game looks like fun! But I'm trying to resist just searching for the quotes to find the answers :D I think I know @aladdin 's quote... can I guess?? :#
    Somehow it might give the game away @aladdin.

@vok I'm just starting to watch Breaking bad but I didn't reach this quote yet :D
    @NatashaT go ahead and guess
    @mheredge after you put the photo I'm still don't get it :D even if I googled. :disappointed:
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,639 mod
    @aladdin is it a quote of 'The Joker" an enemy of Batman?
    Okay, here is the answer (plus theme music).

@mheredge, my mum used to watch it when I was a baby. Strangely, I guessed the time somehow and started crying.
    ah, @Paulette beat me to it :) I agree - the Joker, from one of the Batman movies
    edited February 18
    I used to find Telly Savalas' bald head a bit scary when I watched Kojak as a kid @Xanthippe.
    @aladdin @NatashaT I think it is from the legendary movie 'The Dark Knight' and in that movie you can hear the famous words of Heath Ledger.
    @Paulette nice work! I was just going to say ' the one with Heath Ledger' :D I'm not good with movie names!!
    Ok, here's one for everyone:

itsnotatumor

I think the actor is easy... but what movie is it?
    Nope, I don't think I have seen this actor before @NatashaT. Is he an Australian?
    edited February 19
    @NatashaT and @mheredge Arnold Schwarzenegger, but what movie? :D ooh no. I watched this movie 2 or 3 weeks ago on TV, but I can't remember the name because I wasn't concentrating to watch. You know sometimes I open TV on any movie channel while I'm doing something else :D but I remember the ending and I remember this guy who wants to kidnap the child and I remember him killing someone to take a train toy from him. :D
    @mheredge close, but no banana. He is Austrian. I've never watched this film, but I know what it is about. How weird is it?
    @NatashaT I think it is the film 'KIndergarten Cop' where Schwarzenegger is an undercover cop.
    This is definitely a TV movie regular @aladdin ! :D

@Vok You've probably seen lots of ads from when it's been playing on TV too...

@Paulette gets it again! You're doing well at this game!
    Ha nobody answers so I will give a solution to my puzzle:

gutenberg.org/files/6782/6782-h/6782-h.htm

And I, too, am a good citizen. Do I not fulfil the extremity of
    the law? Do I not honor the law? Do I not uphold and defend it?
    I remember speaking to a poor officer on my way hither, who was
    toiling as a day-laborer, and has eleven living children. A
    thousand ducats have been offered to whoever shall deliver up the
    great robber alive. That man shall be served. [Exit.]
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,794 mod
    edited February 25
    I don't know if I can participate because I am not that good in quotes and movies. But, I wanna share something that really struck my heart when I heard this quote from a certain movie.

He said:
    "If you ask me a question and I don't know the answer, I'm gonna tell you that I don't know. But I bet you what, I know how to find the answer and I will find the answer."

Question: Who said this and which movie? :)
    @kindgnice
    I think it comes from the movie "The persuit of happiness". It is a movie made of a book who tells the storie of a father who wants to find the happiness for his son and you empathize with the struggle against homelessness.

And the words are spoken by the father who is played by Will Smitt
  • kindgnicekindgnice LEO Motivator!!! Posts: 7,794 mod
    Paulette said:

@kindgnice
    I think it comes from the movie "The persuit of happiness". It is a movie made of a book who tells the storie of a father who wants to find the happiness for his son and you empathize with the struggle against homelessness.

And the words are spoken by the father who is played by Will Smitt

You got it right @Paulette. ;) It is actually based from a true to life story of Mr. Chris Gartner.
    The title of the movie is "The Pursuit of Happyness". (just to emphasize the letter "y" in the word happyness.) :smile:
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,878 mod
    edited February 28
    Okay, I will share one. (Click on Spoiler for the answer.)

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Tears In Rain.png
    By Source, Fair use, Link

The dying replicant Roy Batty, as played by Rutger Hauer, after the "Tears in Rain" monologue in Blade Runner. "

@kindgnice in fact by googling the quote, it comes up with https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Pursuit_of_Happyness!

Google is a great tool for cheating!