Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

This is an interview essay.

taizuolaitaizuolai Posts: 18 ✭✭
Hello!
This is an interview essay. I think the essay has many grammars incorrect in English. I hope you could you can help me correct this essay incorrect when you have free time. Thank you very much!
1. Tell me about yourself? (remember to include your interests / hobbies)
[My Answer]
I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. My full name is Tai-Yu Lai. You can call me "Taiyu".
I received the Ph.D. from National Taipei University of Technology in 2016 and my 4.0-Scale GPA is 3.81. I received the MSc. from Fu Jen Catholic University in 2006 and my 4.0-Scale GPA is 3.89. From 2006 to 2016, I did research in digital image processing. I am the co-author of 1 journal, 22 conference papers, 6 books, 9 articles in the code project, and 2 patented inventions. I own 41 certifications about technology in computer science field. My research interests lie in the areas of algorithm, data mining, data science, machine learning, data structure, computer vision, digital image processing and enjoying new technology.
I have been published experience with some publishing houses in IT and Computer Science field. I am familiar with plan about book outline and book architecture.
I enjoy jogging, reading technology books, programming APP, writing blog in my free time.
2. What is your greatest strength?
[My Answer]
I am a punctual person. I always finish the tasks before deadlines. When there’s a meeting, I always arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled time. I have a good work ethic. I follow the rules all the time and I know all my responsibilities. People who have worked with me think I’m trustworthy.
3. What is your weakness?
[My Answer]
I am a perfectionist. Sometimes I try too hard to get everything perfect that I turn to be too demanding to others. With this weakness, I found it extremely important to have good communication between people who work together. I am very open to any kind of feedback and critics, and I’m very willing to adjust my working attitude anytime.
4. Why do you want this job? (mention your interests for the job. relate the interest to the job)
[My Answer]
This job is a good fit for what I've been doing and enjoying throughout my career. It offers a mix of short-term projects and long-term goals. My organizational skills allow me to successfully multitask and complete both kinds of projects.
5. How do you handle stress and pressure?
[My Answer]
When dealing with pressure and stress, I take a moment to prioritize what I have going on. Pressure to perform well is a good kind of pressure as long as I do not allow it to become negative stress. I prioritize what is truly most important and focus on getting that done and done well.
6. What are your goals for the future?
[My Answer]
I would like become an expert in computer science field and I want to publish many good books. I pleasure to share my professional knowledge.
7. Why do you want to work for our company?
[My Answer]
My long-term goals involve growing with a company where I can continue to learn, take on additional responsibilities, and contribute as much value as I can. I love that your company emphasizes professional opportunities. I intend to take advantage of all of these.
8. What are your salary expectations?
[My Answer]
My salary requirements are flexible, but I do have significant experience in the field that I believe adds value to my candidacy.
9. Why are you leaving or have left your job?
[My Answer]
I am interested in a new challenge and an opportunity to use my technical skills and experience in a different capacity than I have in the past.
10. Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it?
[My Answer]
Decisions I have to make within a team are difficult, only because these decisions take more time and require deliberate communication between team members. For example, I was working on a team project, and my colleagues and I had to make a number of choices about how to use our limited budget. Because these decisions involved group conversations, our team learned how to communicate effectively with one another, and I believe we ultimately made the best decisions for the team.
11. Why should we hire you?
[My Answer]
I have top-notch professional skills and I believe I'd be an asset for the office. My skill set seems to be a perfect match for what you're looking for. In addition, I enjoy working with people, and would welcome the opportunity to be a part of your team.
12. Example of a project you have done with high quality results.
[My Answer]
I often review my work results again and the method will close the project progressively. Until my work results arrive to the most optimization.
13. Are you a perfectionist?
[My Answer]
Yes, I am a perfectionist and I often review my work results to make sure it is more clear and understandable.
14. What is Open Access Publish?
[My Answer]
Open Access publishing means providing content free online to readers while supporting operations by financial models that permit this free electronic distribution.
The End.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,819 mod
    @taizuolai I have just included where you made minor errors. You need to be careful not to miss out articles.

I received a Ph.D. from the National Taipei University of Technology in 2016 and my 4.0-Scale GPA was 3.81. I received an MSc. from Fu Jen Catholic University in 2006 and my 4.0-Scale GPA was 3.89. From 2006 to 2016, I did research in digital image processing. I am the co-author of 1 journal, 22 conference papers, 6 books, 9 articles in the code project, and 2 patented inventions. I own 41 certifications about technology in the computer science field. My research interests lie in the areas of algorithm, data mining, data science, machine learning, data structure, computer vision, digital image processing and enjoying new technology.

I have been published by some publishing houses in the IT and Computer Science field. [I am familiar with plan about book outline and book architecture.] (not needed)

I enjoy jogging, reading technology books, programming APP, and writing a blog in my free time.

I am a punctual person. I always finish the tasks before deadlines. [When there’s a meeting, I always arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled time. Correct English but maybe not needed as you have already said you are punctual.] I have a good work ethic. I follow the rules all the time and I know all my responsibilities. People who have worked with me think I’m trustworthy.

I am a perfectionist. Sometimes I try too hard to get everything perfect that I become too demanding of others. With this weakness, I found it is extremely important to have good communication between people who work together. I am very open to any kind of feedback and criticism, and I’m very willing to adjust my working attitude any time.

I would like become an expert in the computer science field and I want to publish books. I take pleasure sharing my professional knowledge.

I have top-notch professional skills and I believe I'd be an asset for the company. My skill set seems to be a perfect match for what you're looking for. In addition, I enjoy working with people, and would welcome the opportunity to be a part of your team.

I often review my work results and the method that will close the project progressively.

Yes, I am a perfectionist and I often review my work results to make sure it is as good as possible.

Good luck!
  • taizuolaitaizuolai Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Hello! @mheredge
    Thank you for your guidance and your time.