Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Learning a new language.

JuanjJuanj Posts: 14 ✭✭
As a learner of a new language I want to improve my level of English. I think that writting is a good way to accomplish it. At my fifties it is a huge feat to be bilingual but it is not discarted to get a good level to communicate with natives without much troubles. So, from here I beg your help to get this defiance.
Tagged:

Comments

• PrettyDianaPrettyDiana Posts: 4
    Learning a new language is not easy, but the results are great at the end of the journey. I've been learning english for several years, and I've seen huge changes in my communication skills. Discipline is the key, so it is important to keep working despite of how difficult it could be to learn something new.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    @PrettyDiana discipline is the key. I wish I were more disciplined as I would like to learn Italian but can never seem to make the time.
  • danrogdanrog Posts: 17 ✭✭
    You have to start by thinking how to enjoy the learning process. I didn't like to learn foreign languages at first, but When I found the way to really enjoy, like found activities really interesting that allow me to learn vocabulary, uses of phrases, etc it changed and now I am so excited about learning English and other languages after.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    I'm the same @danrog. When I was at school, I wasn't very keen on languages but as I get older, I find I want to learn them more and more.
  • walterwalter Posts: 169 ✭✭
    I also was never keen on languages when I was in school. I think that when people younger and when are learns just through fun on this way they learning more easly than older people who learn for some reason. For me, reason why I started to learn english are numerous. But when I was younger I didn`t thinking that will english to help me. Now I see that was mistake and I started to learn english serious. But I don`t have some pressure, I learn english in way which for me fun and interest. @mheredge