Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Dispatches - great listening practice

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 31,042 mod
You might find these Youtube Dispatches news items good for listening practice and at the same time, learn a bit about the problems commuters face in the UK.

Comments

• BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting video. I am active on twitter, so see a lot of videos shared by Sadiq Khan.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    He's a good mayor for London @Bubbly. I hope that he will become a member of Parliament later as I think he would be a good politician to have in the government.
    @mheredge I think he worked more on traveling related issues that a common person in the UK faces. This is what made him popular. I don't think he would become a member of Parliament as there is a strong lobby against him.
    I think it is fairly common for mayors of London to become members of Parliament after they finish working as mayor @Bubbly. Look at Ken Livingstone (Labour) and Boris the unmentionable (Conservative).
    @mheredge well in that case, he must be lucky to get a chance to sit in the Parliament.
    I'm sure he'd get a lot of support @Bubbly.