Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

I am new here.

JuanjJuanj Posts: 15 ✭✭
Hello, I am new here so I have a little trouble to discover how this website works. Let me introduce a bit myself. My name is Juan, I'm Spanish and I am learning English. I began to learn English a lot of time ago, more than 30 years ago, when I was 15. Then Internet, smartphones, tablets, etc. didn't exist and everything was very diferent. It was more difficult than today. New technologies give us an amount of oportunities that learning a new languages is easier than before. A cuple of years ago I started to study English again and today is one os my favourite of my hobbies although I need English for my job. I want to finish with a sentence that I repeat myself quite often " Don't give up on a dream just because the time it will take to acomplish. The tile will pass anyway".
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,840 mod
    Welcome to the Forum @Juanj. I hope you find it fun and it helps you to improve your English.
  • JuanjJuanj Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Thanks, I hope so.
  • benibeni Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Welcome @Juanj Good luck at learn!
    Hello @beni, thank you,
    It is very kind of you. I don't still know how this site works.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,840 mod
    @Juanj it is very simple - you just comment on anything that you find interesting. This helps you to practice your writing. If you make any serious mistakes, or ask for help, there is usually someone who can correct you. When you have been active for a while, you will be able to do more - like join speaking sessions on Skype or discord if you want to practice speaking. You need to be an active member for a while, contributing comments on the Forum before you can do this.
    Thank you for your help.