Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

You don't even need to bite the bullet

Jarp81Jarp81 Posts: 2
Hello!

I'm Jarp or my real name is Jarno. I'm a Finn and I speak Finnish most of my times. However, occasionally I speak English as well. This forum used to be a bit different, or it wasn't this forum, but I remember being that a new kid on the block when I entered to the world of English language. I can't recall when it was actually (the specific time is missing in my data) happend but I remember that I was so happy when I found Lynne's forum, like I found it now again.

It is brilliant to see how people enthusiastically want to learn English and other languages. I think some of the learners are infatuated with people who can speak English like natives and it is wonderful thing. I was so into people whose spoke fluently and presented themselves confidently. It is one reason I'm here now and can write English easily, those people inspired me to learn more and it pays off now. If I hadn't had that feeling I would ever have learnt this language. I do mistakes and you see mistakes right now, it is never perfect or spotless, there is always those little annoying typos, you know them, oh boy, they buggers me, but I can manage and it can't stop me.

I strongly believe that you can also manage and learn English language. I promise It will be awesome and you might have crazy time with it, but it can be frustraiting and you might be hopeless, but consistently every day learning, step by step and you will be succeeded.

Take care, cheers!

Jarp

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    It is wonderful to hear from you @Jarp81! I am very glad you have found the Forum useful and I'm sure @Lynne will be delighted to see you back. There have been a few changes - not least that Skype is being replaced by Discord for those wanting to practice speaking.

I look forward to seeing your comments on some of the topics - or why not start some yourself?
  • Jarp81Jarp81 Posts: 2
    Thank you! I might start writing more. Right now I have a few projects that keeps me busy, so let's see.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,042 mod
    That's the beauty of the Forum @Jarp81. You can spend as little or as much time as you like.