Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Law of Attraction

mheredgemheredge TeacherHere and therePosts: 29,202 mod
@Shiny, @anshi and @dope had an interesting divergence of opinion on the Law of Attraction this morning. A topic suggested by @nidhii, it is very interesting.

"Simply put, the Law of Attraction is the ability to attract into our lives whatever we are focusing on. It is believed that regardless of age, nationality or religious belief, we are all susceptible to the laws which govern the Universe, including the Law of Attraction. It is the Law of Attraction which uses the power of the mind to translate whatever is in our thoughts and materialize them into reality. In basic terms, all thoughts turn into things eventually. If you focus on negative doom and gloom you will remain under that cloud. If you focus on positive thoughts and have goals that you aim to achieve you will find a way to achieve them with massive action."

The article is interesting and provides links to further reading on the subject. I had never really thought it was not obvious, but I have always believed that when you think something will work out, it usually does. By looking on the bright side of things, for me at least, life is very good.

What do you think?

http://www.thelawofattraction.com/what-is-the-law-of-attraction/

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,202 mod
    We will continue to discuss this subject in Thursday's 8am CET discord reading practice session.
  • anshianshi Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Yes
  • MahaaaMahaaa Posts: 20 ✭✭
    your words remind me of the idea of book which i read it before called secret i guess and mention in it story of man used to dream about specific house and drew it and put it in box when he moved from place to place and forgot about it and after many years he searched in his things and founded this hand painting and surprised because he founded his home exactly how he used to dream when he was young
    i think that's close to what you said.
    but my opinion yes you have this ability but by work and be insist to reach what you want you will attract your thoughts
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge Sorry I was not able to attend .But this thing always attract me to know can our thoughts write our destiny .And why even when think positive ,negative happened with us.
    I thought that @Mahaaa's story about the man whose dream came true when he eventually found the home he had dreamed about years before was interesting. Some people have a good idea of what their goal is and I think are all the more likely to achieve it than someone who doesn't have anything positive to look to. Whether this is a conscious or subconscious process, at the end of the day the result is the same.

If my understanding of the 'law of attraction' is correct though @nidhii, I think is emphasises more the conscious pursuit of dreams and ambitions and less my haphazard approach.
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge, well, I thought about Newton when I saw this title. B)
    So did I until I read what it was referring to her @Xanthippe. Quite a catchy title though.