Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What are you looking forward to?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 6,708 mod
Everyone needs something to look forward to, as it makes life much more exciting, so I thought I would start a discussion where we can tell each other exactly what we are looking forward to!

I am looking forward to going out for dinner with my partner tonight, and I am excited to see him :).

What about you? What are you looking forward to?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,060 mod
    As I'm just back from a wonderful holiday, I'm happy to be at home for a bit. I suppose I'm looking forward to going to Kathmandu in a few weeks, though I am not looking forward to how busy I will be when I get there.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,708 mod
    mheredge said:

As I'm just back from a wonderful holiday, I'm happy to be at home for a bit. I suppose I'm looking forward to going to Kathmandu in a few weeks, though I am not looking forward to how busy I will be when I get there.

I hope you manage to have a little bit of time to enjoy yourself, even though you are going to be busy. I wish I had as much opportunity to travel as you do!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,060 mod
    Working for yourself is the biggest problem as not only do you have the cost of the holiday and flights, but as you don't have paid leave like you would working as an employee somewhere, then you lose whatever earnings you would have made during that holiday. The thing to do is to find work that you can do online as a digital nomad @GemmaRowlands. You don't need to necessarily move around much, but as long as you can find a place you want to stay that has decent internet, then you're laughing.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,708 mod
    mheredge said:

Working for yourself is the biggest problem as not only do you have the cost of the holiday and flights, but as you don't have paid leave like you would working as an employee somewhere, then you lose whatever earnings you would have made during that holiday. The thing to do is to find work that you can do online as a digital nomad @GemmaRowlands. You don't need to necessarily move around much, but as long as you can find a place you want to stay that has decent internet, then you're laughing.

I will have to search online to see where other people stay where they can still do work at the same time. That would be the best thing to do I think!