Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Is family education more important than school education?

lisalisa Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
The topic is: "The education you receive from your family is more important than the education you receive from school." To what extent do you agree with this statement and why?

The following is my essay.

First essay: There is surely an argument that the education we receive from our family is more important than the education we receive from school. In my opinion, both kinds of education we receive are important in our life.

On the one hand, the education we receive from our family palys a prominent role in our life. What we get from our family is more about common life. For example, we can learn how to treat others politely from our parents, what kind of budget we should make for our expense, how to repair housing equipments and so on. In my view, the knowldge we learn from our family can be utilized in our whole life.

On the other hand, the academic knowledge we receive from school is essential in our carrer progression. Without any hesitations, no one would deny that school education is necessary for everyone. In fact, most of us spend at least 10 years on schooling. Teacher is one of the most important people in our lives compared with our parents. All of us are living in a society, which means we need to work to earn money, because we need to pay housing, health care, children education and other expenditures. Most of us are eager to provide a better quality of life to our families, and school education is the first step to achieve it. Besides basic life requirements, shcool education can also bring spitirual appreciations to us, such as reading Harry Potter series books in our spare time.

In conclusion, I believe that education we receive from family is as important as school one, and it is hard for me to make a verdict that family education outweigh school one.

Second essay: Some people believe that family education we receive far outweigh school one we get. In my opinion, both types of education are essential in our whole life.

From basic requirements propective of human being, family is the first school for us. Almost all of organic survival skills are from our original family. We learn how to speak by imitation of other family members when we are young, verbal ability is the basic one amongst all abilities of human being. As teenagers, we are taught how to treat others politely through oberserving the behaviours of our parents and other older generations of our family. Then girls learn how to be a qualified mother and wives and boys are taught how to be a good husband and father. What we learn from our original families are vital in our whole life.

As human beings, spiritual life is as much important as biological one. School education let us know how to read and how to write, which makes human being inherit advantages from older generations, avoid and amend disadvantages properly. Therefore, human beings can develop much quicker than before. Without school education, there are not Harry Potter books, without school education, watching popular films through computers is not possible and without school education, people from different countries can not exchange thoughts. School education plays a key role in the development of human beings' society.

In conclusion, family education makes people live normally as human beings compared with animals, and the knowledge what people gain from the schools promot the development of history, therefore, both kinds of edcuation are important for human beings.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,202 mod
    The problem arises when one or other, or both are lacking @lisa. In many families, parents don't know how best to bring up their kids. In these cases, often there's not much school can do either, to repair the damage of a child who is badly behaved and has no wish to learn.