Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Dreams

anshianshi Posts: 15 ✭✭
When we are child we see lots of dreams but later on we realise that things are not same ..We can't live our dreams..We have to accept reality..

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,060 mod
    I'm not sure if I had any particular dreams for the future when I was a child @anshi. But I've been a bit of a draft or in the sense that I have never been ambitious about anything much.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I dream a lot but I always forget them when I wake up. :D
    edited January 6
    I've been trying extra hard to remember at least a part of my dreams as I wake up @Bubbly, and it seems to work - a bit. I can usually grasp the last few images and 'feeling' of the dream for a few minutes after I wake up.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,308 mod
    How do we know that 'real' life is not a dream and that our dreams are real life!
    Good question @amatsuscribbler. Though my dreams are usually so convoluted that when I wake up I am glad to find that real life is much better.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,308 mod
    I have always dreamt vivid, full colour dreams which I tend to remember for some time afterwards. I still remember some from my childhood! And that's a loooong time!
    I can remember some of the most vivid dreams when I was a kid @amatsuscribbler (I used to dream a lot of flying). But now I tend to wake and just have the impression of the dream linger for a few seconds, or if I'm very lucky, a few minutes and then it seems to vanish. The dreams are very vivid but only at the time.