Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

The rainy season has been coming

lisalisa Posts: 407 ✭✭
It rained until Saturday in last week, and thank God, Sunday is a sunny day. Today is Monday, if I remember clearly, now it is raining, the real rainy season of Algeria has been coming, I think. Maybe it did not rain much last year until the January of 2017, in which it began to rain and continued to raining until May of 2017. The rainy season comes in November or October in this year, and maybe it will last for more than five or six months, that is the weather of Algeria, a definite Mediterranean climate. Compared with the coldness of my hometown, the Mediterranean climate is much acceptable and better.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,110 mod
    I never realised that Algeria has a rainy season @lisa. I think of it as being a very dry country.
  • lisalisa Posts: 407 ✭✭
    @mheredge Actually the climate of this country is comfortable for living, we are living in Alger, the capital of this country, and very near to the coast. In summer or sunny weekend we spend half an hour on walking to the coast to enjoy the beatiful Mediterranean, she looks like a shy beatiful bride with peaceful and decent appearance.
    Nice is usually nice in winter too @lisa. Last week was unusual. London however, is never nice at this time of year.
    @mheredge Does London have snow in winter?
    Occasionally it snows in London but it melts very quickly. I remember it snowed in December 2003. I'm not sure if it's snowed in central London since.
    Usually it rains during the winter time?
    It rains most of the year round @lisa but in the winter I think it rains more in Britain. in Nepal it only really rains between June and September.