Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

The rainy season has been coming

lisalisa Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
It rained until Saturday in last week, and thank God, Sunday is a sunny day. Today is Monday, if I remember clearly, now it is raining, the real rainy season of Algeria has been coming, I think. Maybe it did not rain much last year until the January of 2017, in which it began to rain and continued to raining until May of 2017. The rainy season comes in November or October in this year, and maybe it will last for more than five or six months, that is the weather of Algeria, a definite Mediterranean climate. Compared with the coldness of my hometown, the Mediterranean climate is much acceptable and better.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,540 mod
    I never realised that Algeria has a rainy season @lisa. I think of it as being a very dry country.
  • lisalisa Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    @mheredge Actually the climate of this country is comfortable for living, we are living in Alger, the capital of this country, and very near to the coast. In summer or sunny weekend we spend half an hour on walking to the coast to enjoy the beatiful Mediterranean, she looks like a shy beatiful bride with peaceful and decent appearance.
    Nice is usually nice in winter too @lisa. Last week was unusual. London however, is never nice at this time of year.
    @mheredge Does London have snow in winter?
    Occasionally it snows in London but it melts very quickly. I remember it snowed in December 2003. I'm not sure if it's snowed in central London since.
    Usually it rains during the winter time?
    It rains most of the year round @lisa but in the winter I think it rains more in Britain. in Nepal it only really rains between June and September.
    @mheredge I think Nepal is a tropical country, is there rain forest in this country?
  • MohamedMatterMohamedMatter Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I really adore rains and rainy days. I live in a coastal city which has a fascinating lovely weather in winter. I have also a secret spot on the beach where i go to observe the rainy days on the sea and i consider this as of my best times ever.
    I am keeping fingers crossed for no rain in the next few weeks as I left my umbrella at home and I don't have any waterproofs.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    It was started raning our area.last night there was a havey rain.I hope today it will rain cats ans dogs.
    @mheredge,could you please tell me exact idea of i am keeping fingers crossed.? I have seen this before through a post.but I was unable to understand .
    It is a cloudy day, and the weather forecast says it will not rain, but who knows ?
    I'm keeping my fingers cross that it won't rain tomorrow as I have to go out in the afternoon @sammani. This means that I hope that the weather will be fine. We sometimes say 'touch wood' too, if it is something left to luck that we hope will happen.
    @mheredge,still our fingers cross to you ,you can win th game. is this a correct sentence.?
    @sammani
    sammani said:

@mheredge keeping our fingers crossed for you.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'you can win the game'?

@mheredge,when they gonna lose the game,but still we say you can win that.that was what I mean here
    Like a kind of consolation or a wish? @sammani
    @ lisa,a wish
    Oh thanks god.it was raining today in the evening.it is really good for our tea leaves. o:)
    This week has been nonstop raining every day. It's been pouring heavily all day today and is set to continue till tomorrow.