Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 Words Game 101

Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot!

oyster

socks

trophy

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
    The oyster won the trophy for the fastest time putting socks on an octopus.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this maybe a game and the oyster had to attract the socks at the octopus to win a trophy?
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to help to knit the socks for the octopus, so will the oyster win the trophy.
    Why do you want that the oyster win the trophy and why does the oyster think the octopus needs socks?
    Everyone wears socks in winter so the octopus need them too and the oyster will be happy with the trophy.
    Why wouldn't the octopus knit for the oyster and win the trophy themselves?

Do you mean that the octopus knits the socks for the oyster and than gets the trophy of him?
    Why not, the octopus is faster because it has a lot of arms and so the oyster has no change to win the trophy.
    Don't you have forgot to mention that the octopus have to knit the socks for the oyster?
    I hope the octopus doesn't forget to knit the socks, otherwise he can not win the trophy of the oyster!
    What will the octopus do with the socks when the oyster retreats with the trophy into his shell?
    Did you not said they all need socks in winter, so it doesn't matter that the oyster is gone away with the trophy, the octopus could use the socks for itself.

You are right if the oyster has a pearl in its shel then he doesn't need a trofee and the octopus can enjoy the socks in winter.
    Did you say that the oyster has a pearl, I want to find the pearl before the octopus has the same idea. The oyster can get the trophy and the socks instead?
    Have you never seen an octopus with socks who is searching a pearl in an oyster?