Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 Words Game 101

Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot!

oyster

socks

trophy

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,308 mod
    The oyster won the trophy for the fastest time putting socks on an octopus.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Was this maybe a game and the oyster had to attract the socks at the octopus to win a trophy?
    ------------------
    Was this maybe a game, and the oyster had to attract the socks from the octopus to win a trophy?
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,593 mod
    edited November 2017
    I want to help to knit the socks for the octopus, so will the oyster win the trophy.
    -----------------
    I want to help to knit the socks for the octopus, so that the oyster wins the trophy.
    edited November 2017
    Why do you want that the oyster win the trophy and why does the oyster think the octopus needs socks?
    --------------------
    Why do you want the oyster to win the trophy and why does the oyster think the octopus needs socks?
    edited November 2017
    Everyone wears socks in winter so the octopus need them too and the oyster will be happy with the trophy.
    --------------------
    Everyone wears socks in winter so the octopus needs them too and the oyster will be happy with the trophy.
    edited November 2017
    Why wouldn't the octopus knit for the oyster and win the trophy themselves?
    --------------------
    Why wouldn't the octopus knit for the oyster and win the trophy himself?
    edited November 2017
    Do you mean that the octopus knits the socks for the oyster and than gets the trophy of him?
    ----------------
    Do you mean that the octopus knits the socks for the oyster and then gets the trophy off him?
    edited November 2017
    Why not, the octopus is faster because it has a lot of arms and so the oyster has no change to win the trophy.
    ----------------
    The octopus is faster because it has a lot of arms and so the oyster has no chance to win the trophy.
    edited November 2017
    Don't you have forgot to mention that the octopus have to knit the socks for the oyster?
    ---------------------
    Don't forget to mention that the octopus has to knit the socks for the oyster.
    I hope the octopus doesn't forget to knit the socks, otherwise he can not win the trophy of the oyster!
    What will the octopus do with the socks when the oyster retreats with the trophy into his shell?
    Did you not said they all need socks in winter, so it doesn't matter that the oyster is gone away with the trophy, the octopus could use the socks for itself.

You are right if the oyster has a pearl in its shel then he doesn't need a trofee and the octopus can enjoy the socks in winter.
    Did you say that the oyster has a pearl, I want to find the pearl before the octopus has the same idea. The oyster can get the trophy and the socks instead?
    Have you never seen an octopus with socks who is searching a pearl in an oyster?
    @Paulette-have you not forgotten to give the trophy?
    Maybe should we give the trophy at the finder from the pearl, and the loser, the octopus or the oyster must continue to knit on the socks.
    Isn't to receive a pearl of the oyster more than a trophy to knit the socks for the octopus?
    I need more pearls, so instead I'm happy to give a trophy on the octopus and the oyster, but who will finish the socks then?
    edited November 2017
    Maybe you can breed oysters to have pearls as trophies with an octopus to guard them.
    Would you help me organization an oyster farm, so you could pay with trophies to the octopus, at least if he wants to work for us?@Paulette And wath happens to the socks.....?
    Why don't give a sock with a oyster pearl on it as trophy at the octopus.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Whilst searching out my socks, I found my oyster pearls necklace behind the golden trophy.
    --------------
    Whilst searching out my socks, I found my oyster pearl necklace behind the golden trophy.

Wasn't there a hole in the socks because of the oyster pearls that you found after the trophy.?
    Normally they make waterproof socks, but as you said, the oyster pearls are perhaps too heavy and so they lose the trophy!
    Have you seen the socks of the oysters, there are trophies embroidered on it.
    Have you really seen the trophies on the socks or is the oyster a liar?
    Which oyster can wearing socks with trophies on them?
    I thought you had seen the oyster with the trophies on the socks before, why do you ask me again?
    I simply thought about the story: The oyster with trophies on his socks.
This discussion has been closed.