Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Grammar Correction for a Note

derickderick Posts: 2
edited November 2017 in Questions
Please help to correct grammar following travel note as following format.

I Started my travelling at 9.00 AM from Trincomalee and I reached Batticaloa at 13.30 PM and I reached at my Temporary resident place at 13.45 PM

I Started My Travelling at 7.00AM and I reached NSB Kalmunai Branch at 8.15 AM.
I finished My training at 16.00 PM and I got bus to Batticaloa at 17.15 PM and I reached my temporary resident place at 18.30 PM

I stated my travelling at 9.00AM from Batticaloa and I reached Trincomalee at 13.30 PM and I reached my resident place at 13.45 PM
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,101 mod
    In all your sentences you use two 'ands.' You need to avoid this by using two sentences @derick.

I started travelling at 9.00 AM from Trincomalee and reached Batticaloa at 13.30 PM. I reached at my temporary residence at 13.45 PM

I started travelling at 7.00AM and reached NSB Kalmunai Branch at 8.15 AM.
    I finished my training at 16.00 PM and got a bus to Batticaloa at 17.15 PM. I reached my temporary residence at 18.30 PM

I started travelling at 9.00AM from Batticaloa and reached Trincomalee at 13.30 PM, arriving at my residence at 13.45 PM.
  • derickderick Posts: 2
    Thank you Meherdge.