Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Hey, I've just learned that ....

takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭✭
What have you learned lately?

Share with us whatever have interested you recently?
Have you asked people around you to know about it? Have you tried googling it?
What have you found out?

Help us get smarter!

Comments

• takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭✭
    Forget about picking the perfect avocado from the pile. Just go get an apple to bring home with your randomly picked avocado. If the one you picked seems still a bit hard, put it in a paper bag with the apple over night, and you'll get to enjoy a perfectly ripe avocado in the morning.

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,095 mod
    I might try this though unfortunately avocados are a bit expensive at the moment here in France @takafromtokyo. Probably apples too!
    Have you heard about the news: Donald Trump dumping all the fish food at once at Akasaka Palace?

Well, it turns out that the truth was Abe threw all his fish food first, and Trump was just following his host.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/watch-donald-trump-totally-gives-093108607.html
    I’ve just learned, of remembered this phrasal verb: bring someone down. I just couldn’t come up with it this morning; now I’m happy!

“Rain brings me down.”
    Rain gets me down @takafromtokyo. Someone might bring me down by criticising me. I can also go down with a cold.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,463 mod
    Do we really have to learn forever, @takafromtokyo ?
    @april
    Learning is for fun. It’s one way to entertain yourself. You don’t have to but you can always be amazed by learning something new!
    I have the impression that I'm learning the same and the same, again and again. :D
    I think I never stop learning new things @april.
    When can we say: "I'm too old to learn", then? :D
    @april
    I always make the same mistakes when I write or speak English. I never seem to learn. Haha!
    The same story here, @takafromtokyo .
    @Lynne always says: "That's your old mistake. We call it fossilizing."
    Right, @Lynne ? :D :D :D
    I’ve just learned recently that even though you might be imperfect, you can still feel secured and kind of get confident if you have someone who listens to you and cares about how you feel. Acknowledgement is the word. I strongly feel that’s what we should be giving to one another.
    I've just learned that I'm still not smarter than my 3 month old grandson. :o
    @april
    Your grandson must be a genius!!
    ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ"
    Maybe he will, @takafromtokyo ?
    Or is it just me who is too stupid. :D
    I’ve just learned that ic he go to bed real early, you wake up really early in the morning. I woke up before two this morning!
    I've just learned that I shouldn't switch off the alarm clock when it goes off and then go to sleep again.
    I almost overslept this morning!!!
    We have experienced an opposite miscalculation, @takafromtokyo . :D
    I've just learned that I can remember my dream!
    @april
    Wow! Okay, the next thing you can try is keeping a dream journal. Let us know what your dream was like! Maybe we can create a new thread under the title “What did you see in your dream last night?” or something like that!
    @april have you considered that your 3 month old grandson doesn't yet know how to even switch an alarm clock off, let alone set it?
  • ArifaArifa Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I have just learned that, there is an option in this forum called "I have just learned", where we could write whatever we have just learned. :) I just loved the concept. Its going to be very interesting.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just learned that I faster forget than learning, but @april :D ;) maybe I'm too old to learn English?
    A wise man says that "We do not learn and what we call learning is only a process of recolection", @Michouxe .
    So don't worry. :D

@april

Wow! Okay, the next thing you can try is keeping a dream journal. Let us know what your dream was like! Maybe we can create a new thread under the title “What did you see in your dream last night?” or something like that!

@takafromtokyo , the problem is that I'll forget more than remember my dreams.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @april Are you that wise man? wat we call learning is only a process of recolection......recolection, recolection, recolection, phew :s

Always the same words, how can I learn other words then? It's a joke! Help I'm too old! :'(
    @Michouxe @april
    Haha! Don’t worry. We’re all still on the process of getting even more older. Time will come when we even forget where we wrote it down. But that’s not even the finale. We’ll forget that we even tried to remember them.

We’ll never be sure when those time would come, but we know for sure we still have time right now! Until we go on to a next level, we should keep trying, and enjoy the process!!
    @Arifa
    I’ve just learned that you’ve finally made it to this thread, and we’re so happy to have a new friend here!! Keep sharing what you’ve just learned to help us become a bunch of smarties!!
    ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ"
    @Michouxe I believe that we never stop learning.