Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How clean is your house?

BellBell Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited November 4 in Home Life
Have anyone watched this T.V series, 'How clean is your house? I watched a couple of episodes on You Tube. Watching the first one, I was like wow those women are really clever and I like what they did to the house but then the more I watch the more it looks like it has a pattern. I wonder are these really dirty houses really exists? or it is just for the show; I mean they make that mess in purpose? No one can live in such very dirty houses and with that very very dirty fridge; I mean where do those people store food if the fridge is that dirty. It's more like abandon houses! If you haven't watched it, give it a try and please let me know your opinion.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,081 mod
    I don't know, but I think some people don't clean very well @Bell. I visited a studio that was up for sale and was disgusted when I opened the fridge door as it had been left filthy by the last residents.
  • BellBell Posts: 46 ✭✭
    @mheredge I didn't believe it till I watched this T.V show! It's like no one lives in these houses!
    I'd hate to live in a place so spotless @takafromtokyo. A bit of dirt never did anyone any harm!
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,671 mod
    I agree. I mostly start clearing up our kitchen from the right to the left and that several times a day. I start by taking the caffee mashine to get it in position then free the bread cutter from crumbs, and so on.... .
    Several times a day is very good @Hermine. I have to confess with me it is more like two or three times a day, usually after I have cooked something!
  • BellBell Posts: 46 ✭✭
    There are certain chores that need to be done several times a day; like doing dishes for instance, and other chores can be done once a week; changing sheets. The more often we clean, the less effort we spend on the chores. ;)
    Washing up never seems to end @Bell. It is bad enough it is just me, as a family would be creating much more.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,373 mod
    You all make me feel like a dirty old woman, guys! :D
    Don't worry @april, a bit of dirt never hurt anyone. I'm a great believer in this!
    When I say that I have some cleaning housework today people will answer: "You can do that tomorrow. It won't go away!"
    But I wish it could go away, that dirt! Then I don't need to clean it myself. :D
    I'm guilty of leaving it till tomorrow @april.
    I do that regularly, @mheredge .
    Maybe I had an unexpected visitor or the weather was too nice to stay at home and do some cleaning or I was just too lazy. :D
    I'm incurably lazy when it comes to housework. I wish I were as diligent as @Hermine, especially when it comes to windows. Mine are disgusting.
    The time will arrive soon when I clean all the windows in the house.
    Would you like to come to the Cote d'Azur @Hermine? I'm not sure if my windows can be cleaned however, as they are big skylights and very awkward to reach.
    We have a room in the house where two windows are under the roof. When cleaning them I always pull the big table close to the windor door and put a chair on it. That is the right hight for me to reach every corner. @Marianne.

That might work @Hermine. I should give it a go when the weather is nice.
    Keep in mind @Marianne. Here a boss of a plumb company was cleaning windows in his house last year when he fell off and since then he is paralyced from neck down. (age 59)