Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How clean is your house?

BellBell Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited November 2017 in Home Life
Have anyone watched this T.V series, 'How clean is your house? I watched a couple of episodes on You Tube. Watching the first one, I was like wow those women are really clever and I like what they did to the house but then the more I watch the more it looks like it has a pattern. I wonder are these really dirty houses really exists? or it is just for the show; I mean they make that mess in purpose? No one can live in such very dirty houses and with that very very dirty fridge; I mean where do those people store food if the fridge is that dirty. It's more like abandon houses! If you haven't watched it, give it a try and please let me know your opinion.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,095 mod
    I don't know, but I think some people don't clean very well @Bell. I visited a studio that was up for sale and was disgusted when I opened the fridge door as it had been left filthy by the last residents.
  • BellBell Posts: 46 ✭✭
    @mheredge I didn't believe it till I watched this T.V show! It's like no one lives in these houses!
    I'd hate to live in a place so spotless @takafromtokyo. A bit of dirt never did anyone any harm!
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,774 mod
    I agree. I mostly start clearing up our kitchen from the right to the left and that several times a day. I start by taking the caffee mashine to get it in position then free the bread cutter from crumbs, and so on.... .
    Several times a day is very good @Hermine. I have to confess with me it is more like two or three times a day, usually after I have cooked something!
  • BellBell Posts: 46 ✭✭
    There are certain chores that need to be done several times a day; like doing dishes for instance, and other chores can be done once a week; changing sheets. The more often we clean, the less effort we spend on the chores. ;)
    Washing up never seems to end @Bell. It is bad enough it is just me, as a family would be creating much more.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,463 mod
    You all make me feel like a dirty old woman, guys! :D
    Don't worry @april, a bit of dirt never hurt anyone. I'm a great believer in this!
    When I say that I have some cleaning housework today people will answer: "You can do that tomorrow. It won't go away!"
    But I wish it could go away, that dirt! Then I don't need to clean it myself. :D
    I'm guilty of leaving it till tomorrow @april.
    I do that regularly, @mheredge .
    Maybe I had an unexpected visitor or the weather was too nice to stay at home and do some cleaning or I was just too lazy. :D
    I'm incurably lazy when it comes to housework. I wish I were as diligent as @Hermine, especially when it comes to windows. Mine are disgusting.
    The time will arrive soon when I clean all the windows in the house.
    Would you like to come to the Cote d'Azur @Hermine? I'm not sure if my windows can be cleaned however, as they are big skylights and very awkward to reach.
    We have a room in the house where two windows are under the roof. When cleaning them I always pull the big table close to the windor door and put a chair on it. That is the right hight for me to reach every corner. @Marianne.

That might work @Hermine. I should give it a go when the weather is nice.
    Keep in mind @Marianne. Here a boss of a plumb company was cleaning windows in his house last year when he fell off and since then he is paralyced from neck down. (age 59)

edited November 2017
    I definitely won't be climbing anywhere @Hermine. I have a kitchen light that needs replacing that I am waiting till a tall friend can help me change. I'm renovating a flat with high ceilings and I'm moving the light fittings down so that changing the bulbs won't need a long ladder.
    Post edited by mheredge on
    @mheredge, very clever of you.
    In this special room whith the high up windows do we have a lamp that I can pull down and up without climbing on the table.
    That's a very good idea @Hermine. I might look into something like this.
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hermine
    Wow! That’s an invention!!

@mheredge
    Or you can eat and sleep well so you can grow tall enough to change it by yourself!
    :D Sadly I think I will remain a short-ass forever @takafromtokyo.