Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What’s your plan for today?

2»

Comments

• takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge
    Is it that easy to cross the border into Italy? Aren’t there any security checks or anything like that at the border?
    I’m going to attend a year-end party held by one of my clients. I’m new to this party but I’ve been told by my coworkers who had been to the party before that there are always about 120 people coming. It’s going to be the biggest year-end party that I’ve ever been to.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,085 mod
    @takafromtokyo normally there are no checks at all not just between France and Italy but between any EU county. That is except for dear old Britain where even pre-Brexit, they insisted on seeing everyone's passports regardless of nationality. So in the EU, if you have to fly to another EU county you just catch the plane with just a security check for your identity to see that you are the plane ticket holder, but if you are flying to the UK, you have this as well as the need to go through immigration.

At least with Brexit they won't need to change anything there!
  • sammanisammani Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    Today I have to go to a funeral of my relation in far away.I had some other plans but I had to called off them.
    I'm sorry @sammani.

I'm hoping that I will be able to sleep as there's a real old chorus of snoring going on here. I don't usually like wearing earplugs but I hope they'll be enough to block the noise.
    @mheredge

In case the earplugs don't work, try snoring louder than your peers.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,067 mod
    Today I will put a Christmas tree in my house with a lot of lights so the Christmas atmosphere is in my house and gives me the thoughts for a lot of happiness and hope for a better world.
  • ArifaArifa Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Today I am going to stay at home all day and study English, because last few days I was busy and could not get enough time to study.
  • ArifaArifa Posts: 30 ✭✭
    @Paulette
    I am sorry to hear about your loss. I hope God will help you and your family to bear this pain.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 11,067 mod
    Thank you @Arifa, we will remember her as a star in heaven and now I putted a brilliant star in my Christmas tree, so our little girl stay with us in these days of Christmas.
    No way can I compete @takafromtokyo. Last night's snorer was a lightweight so it wasn't hard to sleep.

I was going to go out for dinner but the sight of too many rugby supporters drowning their sorrows in copious quantities of beer outside has put me off! The South African team was defeated tonight by the Kiwis, so it might be best to stay in tonight.
  • EvgenyYakEvgenyYak Posts: 3
    I am going to my girlfriend? she is at hospital
    I hope nothing serious @EvgenyYak. My plan for tomorrow is to go out to sea in the hope of spotting a whale. Apparently they are still being seen even though normally they are gone by the end of November.
    My plan is to go back to Cape Town later this afternoon after having a very nice lunch at one of the nicest restaurants in Franschoek.