Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What would you do if you won the lottery?

wail2007wail2007 Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited March 8 in English Lessons
I would like to know your opinions about it. But I want you to take into account some points.
1. How long is this money is going to last ? Think about future generations.
2. Would you invest in something?
3. Would you give away some of the money?

Thank you in advance.

----------------

I want you to take some points into account.
1. How long is this money going to last? Think about future generations.
2. Would you invest it?
3. Would you give some of it away?

Thank you in advance.
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• jessy50jessy50 Posts: 5
    edited March 8
    If i win a lottery i would donate half portion for charity.And remaining i would invest

---------------

If I won the lottery, I would donate half of it to charity, and I would invest the rest.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • almog123xalmog123x Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited March 8
    if i'd win the lottery i'd spend it all on chicken nuggets and weed

------------------

If I won the lottery, I'd spend it all on chicken nuggets and weed.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,554 mod
    Unfortunately, I won nothing again, last night. :/
  • LynneLynne Teach HomePosts: 9,876 mod
    I haven't checked my numbers, yet. So ... well you never know, right?

If I won the jackpot, the Network would be a beneficiary. I would definitely hire enough teachers to have someone online 24/7. Until then, you will have to make do with the teachers we have. :smile:
  • ArifaArifa Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited March 8
    If I won a lottery and got a huge amount of money, I would spend a big propotion to start a residencial school for orphan kids, an old home and build a farm house. Rest of the money would be spent on traveling all over the world.

-------------------

If I won the jackpot, I would spend a big proportion of it to start a residential school for orphans, in an old building, and build a farm house. The rest of the money would be spent on travelling all over the world.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • wail2007wail2007 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    good heart @jessy50 .
    @april keep trying maybe next time you will be lucky
    @Lynne we all need you to win the lottery....:) just to have 24/7 teachers :)
  • BerryBerry Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited March 8
    If I win a lottery I would give 25% for my parents, 25% for charity, 10% to save, 15% to invest and the rest for travelling.

----------------

If I won the lottery I would give 25% to my parents, 25% to charity, 10% on savings, 15% on investments, the rest I would use for travelling.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @Berry maybe 25% is not enough to travel all around the world!!!! :)
  • houselighthouselight Posts: 3
    @ berry i don't 25% is enough to travel all around the world..
  • megnamegna Posts: 3
    edited March 8
    If I won a lottery, I would spent a little portion for charity. I love travelling. So i would spent a little for that. And the remaining portion i would invest.

--------------------

If I won the lottery, I would spend a small portion of it on charity, and I love travelling, so I would spend a little on that. I would invest the rest.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • Rafael_LORafael_LO Posts: 6
    First, I'd would sit and think a lot about what to do. But, probably I would invest, start a company, I don't know hahaha.
  • inaamzinaamz Posts: 2
    To me, it depends on the amount of lottery money ;)
  • phanthangphanthang Posts: 5
    edited March 8
    Recently I bought many lotteries, the prize of the lottery I bought now is up to $15 mil.
    Everytime, I bought a tiket, I always thought about the future. Unfortunatetly, It will never happen to me, it just like you buy something that cheer you up in a moment :'(

----------------------

Recently I bought a lot of lottery tickets, the prize money is now up to $15 mil. Every time, I bought a ticket, I thought about the future. Unfortunately, it will never happen to me, it's just that you buy something that will cheer you up at that moment.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • walterwalter Posts: 169 ✭✭
    edited March 8
    I don`t play a lotteries. But if i were some miracle won lotteries i would give half of the money for chairty, and rest of money i probably invest in some busines and in self.

----------------------

I don`t play any lotteries, but if by some miracle I were to win, I would give half of the money to charity, and I would probably invest the rest in some business and in my own development.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • mdshamsadmdshamsad Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited March 8
    Here everyone is saying that they would spend some portion of money in orphan, starting school or in social work
    I feel everyone has a beautiful heart but If I won lottery I don't Know what would I do??
    I might invest that money in business,but not sure whether I would be able to spend that money in social work or not

----------------------

Here everyone is saying that they would spend some portion of the money on orphans, starting a school or for social good. I feel everyone has a beautiful heart but If I won the lottery I don't know what I would do. I might invest that money in a business, but I am not sure whether I would be able to spend any of it on social projects or not.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • LynneLynne Teach HomePosts: 9,876 mod
    I appreciate your honesty @mdshamsad. I don't think anyone really knows what they would do, until it happens. Let's hope some of us get to find out. ;)
  • oluwawaoluwawa Posts: 2
    I will donate 10% of the money to any non-profit organization and I will go for 2week vacation, while i'm on vacation I will analyze all the expenses I need for my career project and invest everything on my project.
  • mustafatajanimustafatajani Posts: 99 ✭✭
    If I win a lottery with a considerable amount then I will invest 50% of it in share market , property ,etc. and 20% use it for myself for better living rest 30% will give it in a charity . By doing this it will last longer