Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Chinese Hot pot- the most splendid invention in food history

lisalisa Posts: 406 ✭✭
Do you hear Chinese hot pot or have you tried chinese hot pot. There are lots of types hot pot in China, for example, meat, usually you can choose pork, sheep(lamb is better @Paulette sorry, but the thin slices of lamb are really delicious, I can not control myself during the hot pot time), and beef. In my opinion, meat of lamb is the best choice, you'd better leave some fat part of the meat, and there is one kind of special machine which can make the mixed fat and lean lamb be very very thin slices, which is easy ripe; vegetables, such as lettuce, cauliflower, chinese cabbage, kinds of mashroom, carrot, ect; hot pot is perfect without seafood, the slices of gadus are my favoriate. In my opinion, almost all kinds of food ingredients can be used to cook hot pot.

Hot pot is specially welcomed in winter, but the people of Chongqong and Sichuan provinces love hot pot in the whole year, and they put lots of peppers in the hot spot, which is very incentively, I think. Maybe it depends on the weather of those two provinces, the weather of those two areas is not only hot but also humid. Peppers can help to dispel the humidity out of their bodies, which is good for their healt.
Tagged:

Comments

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2
    @lisa I can't helped but if i hear meat of lambs the I see always the little playful jumping lambs in the meadows near my house. :'(
    But I believe you if you say that the meat is tasteful.
  • lisalisa Posts: 406 ✭✭
    @Paulette, it is really tastefully. Are there any chinese restaurants in the vinicity of your home? If you have a chance, please go to try Chinese hot pot, I am pretty sure you will never forget this kind of splendid food.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,081 mod
    I've had Chinese hotpots before and as you say @lisa, they are delicious.
    @mheredge have you tried Chinese hotpots in China? If you have a chance to go to China, Chinese hotpot is one of the best choices you must choose.
    Yes I have tried them in and outside of China. Food usually tastes much nicer in the country of origin though @lisa.
    :#
    I have not yet even found a decent Chinese restaurant yet in Kathmandu where there are so many Chinese visitors @lisa. I don't think it is because there is a shortage of Chinese chefs, but maybe more a problem of a good supply of the right ingredients.