Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

the rabish internet of algeria will make me crazy

lisalisa Posts: 406 ✭✭
the internet of algeria is so so so rabish, which makes me crazy, I even can open a website to check anything!!!

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,081 mod
    @lisa the internet is rubbish in lots of places and you have my total sympathy. I have been in Nepal for the past couple of months where it is also rubbish especially in my hotel. I am looking for somewhere else to stay as even if it works okay in some of the restaurants and office, it is not convenient to have to always be trying to find somewhere where I can work.

Do you have internet at home or do you use your phone? Where in Algeria do you live? I think @mouna has said it is not good enough for her to be able to participate in Skype sessions.

• lisalisa Posts: 406 ✭✭
    @mheredge the internet is still wobbly today, sometimes google can not be used. I am living and working in Alger, which is tha capital of Algeria. I took part in "night owl session" last night in Skype, which was a fantasitic experience for me. And I am looking forward to taking part in the following session which will be held in the night of Wedensday
    The internet in Nepal is very wobbly too @lisa. Sometimes Skype works, sometimes it doesn't. Facebook often doesn’t work even if emails do because I think Facebook has too many images and takes up more whatever it is that's needed to view it properly.
    :# now the internet works normally, what a beatiful day it is!
    I can't get over the difference in my internet speed now I'm back in France @lisa. And mine isn't even anything special here. I can switch to fibre, which is faster but since I'm not here half the time and it's more expensive, I'm not sure if I will bother.
    @mheredge It will happen in China, I seldom downloaded movies or television series when I was in China, because the internet was so well that we could enjoy them online directly. That is one of the most important reasons I miss China so much.
    Really? I found everywhere I went in China the internet was painfully slow and I was never able to download anything as it took too long @lisa.