Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Hermineˋs eleventh essay

HermineHermine ModeratorPosts: 6,671 mod
Rise and fall of the communismus

Each month kids in our school receive a magazine that contains very intersting facts and stories to different school subjects.

This time I found a two-paged article about former sovjetunion. I saw the article by accident. The kids got the new magazin today, handed out by our German teacher and the pupil had to flick through the pages.
I donˋt get a print and so Iˋve to look with the boy beside me.

I could hardly await to hear the bell ring. Then it was my time to read the whole story.
It starts by czar Nikolaus II, Wladimir Lenin, Josef Stalin and last one who was named is Michail Gorbatschow. It is explained the ˋRed Armyˋ, the ˋRed Flagˋ and lots of things to know.

The October revolution was on 7.11. Some of you will ask why they call it October revolution though it happend on the 7th of November. Itˋs easy explained, the Sovjetunion at that time was still using the Julian Calendar and it was two weeks behind.

It is explained what Communismus is all about. The explanations in general are very simple and kept short, the right amount of things for kids to know.

In Vienna there is a memorial of a soldiers carring a flag and a golden shield. Itˋll remind us that the ˋRed Armyˋ was involved to free Austria from the Nazism.
For some of you who intend to visit Austria, the memorial is sitting on the ˋ Schwarzenbergplatzˋ.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,081 mod
    edited October 31
    Hermine said:

Rise and fall of the communism

Each month kids in our school receive a magazine that contains very interesting facts and stories on different school subjects.

This time I found a two-paged article about the former Soviet Union. I saw the article by accident. The kids got the new magazine today, handed out by our German teacher and the pupils had to flick through the pages.

I had to look over the shoulder of the boy next to me as I did not have my own copy.

I could hardly wait to hear the bell ring. Then it was my turn to read the whole story.
    It started with Czar Nikolaus II, Wladimir Lenin, Josef Stalin and ended with Michail Gorbaschov. It explained the Red Army, the Red Flag and lots of other things.

The October Revolution was on the 7th of November. Some of you will ask why they call it the October Revolution though it happened in November. It's easily explained: the Soviet Union at that time was still using the Julian Calendar and this was two weeks behind.

The article explained what Communism is all about. The explanations in general were very simple and kept short, the right amount for kids to understand.

In Vienna there is a memorial of a soldier carrying a flag and a golden shield. It reminds us that the Red Army was involved in freeing Austria from Nazism.
    For some of you who intend to visit Austria, the memorial is sitting on the ˋ Schwarzenbergplatzˋ.

Very interesting @Hermine.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,671 mod
    edited October 31
    @mheredge, thanks and thanks for the correction.