Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How often do you surf the internet per day?

Social network relates to what people do on the internet every day. I don't know why people are attracted by all things appeared on the internet. As you know, you are really updated yourself by surfing internet for information, advertisements, online educational programmes, communications on facebook. This really a huge online society.

You can't stay up late for a game on computer, but you can spend all day on reading pages on the internet. I mean that you can play a game at any time you're free, but you have to read something a day at least.

I don't have ability to make a survey here, but I think most of people surf internet 5 or 10 times a day at least. For me just 5 times a day.

So, how often do you surf the internet? and for what?
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,599 mod
    I maybe surf the web once a day typically though I check for messages and emails much more frequently.
  • VokVok Posts: 638 ✭✭✭
    It depends on what counts as surfing. If I deliberately visit a site for reading a news is it surfing? I have a mental list of Net pages I read on a daily basis. Mostly it comprises of news, review and long article sites. When I stumble upon something that caught my attention I can visit a few other sites for more information. It can happen at least a couple of times a day.
    I'm like you @Vok. I have a few news feeds where I read articles - in particular the Guardian and the BBC, and Stumbleupon and Pocket sometimes send things I read.
  • medi07medi07 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Actually nonstop
    My new mobile phone makes a noise when anything happens - email, Facebook, even clear junk notifications. It's driving me nuts but I have to work out if I can get it to just alert me when there's a phone call or SMS and keep quiet for everything else.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Actully I don't know how many times I surf the internet per day.I think it depends on the works which I have to do that day using internet .sometimes it is nonstop using.
    The internet can be so useful @sammani, if only to check bus times, google maps to find out where places are, information on all sorts of things useful for day to day living. Then there's work related inquiries, although unless I am researching for an article I am writing, I probably spend less time on these kinds of searches.
  • walterwalter Posts: 216 ✭✭
    I use internet every day. Per day I use internet many times, I don`t never counting, But I think that I use internet much more than i need. For example I very often read news on the phone and that I must to interrupt that. Would be enough that i read news on the phone for example twice on day, on the morning and at evening. That is my future assignement.
    I usually check my email over breakfast, then depending on what I have to do, might work on my laptop several hours, fairly constantly using the internet. Actual browsing however, i s probably restricted to a much shorter time @walter.
  • walterwalter Posts: 216 ✭✭
    @mheredge Unfortunately, today we must to adjusting internet worlds. I Would be happy if I would successing to avoid or to lower my access internet. For that purpose I quit facebook.
    I browsed the internet this morning to find the most suitable wine to go with some wild boar I am cooking for friends who are coming for dinner tomorrow. I also had to browse to check the details of Our Land, a resort in Kerala that @mustafatajani was asking about.

I read a few articles from The Guardian online which I don't count as browsing.
  • mustafatajanimustafatajani Posts: 124 ✭✭
    @ElizabethTran I browse on internet in a day say an average 6-7 times. As something come across me that I don't know of I google it. @mheredge and yes I am also checking their website right now
  • VokVok Posts: 638 ✭✭✭
    I've noticed that I don't aimlessly browse the Internet as much as I used to. I have a few apps that accumulate articles I'm interested in, so there's no need in opening a web browser at all. I can deliberately ask Google for additional information on a particular subject I came across when reading an article. There's a smattering number of sites I visit regularly, though.
    I don't think I ever browse aimlessly @Vok. I have lots of specific questions though. Today I had to keep checking metric and imperial equivalents because the recipes I was using were all American so use ounces and Fahrenheit.