Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you do something special for your pet on World Animal Day?

FrankFrank ModeratorPosts: 6,309 mod

Today, the fourth of October it's World Animal Day.
Do you do something special for your pet on this day?
Tell us about it!

Comments

• mounamouna Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a pet,I have a phobia about alla nimals and I can't live with an animal in the same home.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,347 mod
    I wasn't aware that it was world pet day today, however I have bought some nice meat for my cat, so I am treating her well even though I didn't know about the specific day!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,747 mod
    A young cat comes into our Wednesday yoga class. She's so funny and today tried to sit by a woman's head while she was lying on her back, relaxing. She was a bit shocked to see the cat so close. I don't know why this class in particular as she doesn't seem interested in any of the other classes.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 6,347 mod
    mheredge said:

A young cat comes into our Wednesday yoga class. She's so funny and today tried to sit by a woman's head while she was lying on her back, relaxing. She was a bit shocked to see the cat so close. I don't know why this class in particular as she doesn't seem interested in any of the other classes.

That is funny. Sometimes when I am lying on the floor watching television my cat comes to lie next to me. Perhaps they just like trying to copy people!
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,747 mod
    It sounds like you have a nice cat that appreciates the company of its human pet @GemmaRowlands.