Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What will you do when you can't sleep at night?

What will you do when you can't sleep at night? Playing with cellphone,doing push-up or anything else?

Comments

• ZerodZerod Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Sometimes I can't sleep at night. Maybe I should do something else to distract myself.
    To be honest, playing with cellphone is not a good choice for me. :'(
  • BellBell Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Humm Well, @Zerod, It depends! Sometimes I am in reading mood, so I pick up a nice novel and start reading till my eyes get tired or sleepy. At other times, I am just lurking different forums or chatting with some friends.

But why can't you sleep at night, if I may ask?! If you get up early and keep yourself active during the day, sure enough you'll be worn out at night and you'll sleep like a baby. :) Have you considered that?!
    > @Bell said:
    If you get up early and keep yourself active during the day, sure enough you'll be worn out at night and you'll sleep like a baby. :) Have you considered that?!

Thank you for your suggestion. That's a good idea.
    I usually get up early. But it's difficult to get up eraly or even makes me feel tired all day when I couldn't sleep last night. Maybe I should do some exercise or listen to the rock music to keep myself active during the day so that I could worn out at night. I will have a try.
    Really thank you.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    I find Sudoku puzzles are a good way to get me off to sleep again if I wake up in the night.
  • BellBell Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited October 10
    @Zerod There's always a reason why you feel tired. For example, you need to monitor your diet during the day, specially breakfast, do you drink enough water during the day?, do you drink lots of coffee daily?, do you go to the gym. You can always read about sleep cycles and how to build a better habits! It is all linked to each other and it takes time to build.
    Stress too can lead to sleepless nights @Zerod. Are you worried about anything?
    > @mheredge said:
    > Stress too can lead to sleepless nights @Zerod. Are you worried about anything?
    Thank you teacher. I seldom worried about anything. But sometimes I think too much just like daydreaming... That's really not a good habit. :'(
    If your mind is constantly thinking over things @zero, maybe you need to do some meditation or some yoga. This is a very good way to relax.
    > @mheredge said:
    > If your mind is constantly thinking over things @zero, maybe you need to do some meditation or some yoga. This is a very good way to relax.

Meditation is a good choice. Umm, yoga. That could've killed me :D
    I do very relaxing yoga @Zerod which isalmost like meditation. I don't like the more aerobic, physical kinds of yoga.
  • jasminjasmin Posts: 41 ✭✭
    For me i read books to make me fall asleep and it always works for me. However, if i need to study at night which reading is necessary, i usually end up sleeping over it. There are times that watching boring movies gets me dozed off.
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭✭
    @jasmin
    Boring books, boring movies..they sure come in handy when it comes to making us fall asleep. We should keep a couple of them on the shelf just in case.
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭✭
    @Zerod
    Are you having good sleeping nights these days?

Well, to me, sleepless nights are a time for another hot bath. Once you get your body temperature rise, it becomes easier to sleep.
  • jasminjasmin Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Unintentionally,during meditation it makes me fall asleep. Well i guess the calmness while doing it serves really well.
    I keep waking up around 3am. After an hour or two reading, I fall asleep again so it is not a problem.