Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Hermineˋs tenth essay

HermineHermine ModeratorPosts: 6,744 mod
The other day I was looking in the school library for a nice book to read over the weekend. I found one and itˋs a book written for children. In school I started to read it and found that would be the one Iˋll take with me.

The first story I read was about a conversation among the German alphabets and some words asserted to be the most often used ones, even the letter Y, which is rather seldom used in the German language, found it is unthinkably to go without it.

Then the punctionation reported how important they are. Only the ˋcommaˋ was the stillest until it told a story about a case where it got the most important role and even saved a life.

The story was about a villain who was sentenced to death. He wrote a letter to the government where he told the judge that he was innocent and didnˋt commit the crime.
The judge was sure he did the crime and wrote back a letter to the prison that said: ˋ Wait not, hang himˋ.

At that time telegraph office was used for delivering messages. The recipient had hearing problems and wrote down: ˋ Wait, not hang himˋ.
The execution had been delayed for a few days and in the meantime the real villain was caught.

All the members of the alphabeth could hear by themselve that a little comma was able to rescue someone from a certain death.

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,555 mod
    Hermine said:

The other day I was looking in the school library for a nice book to read over the weekend. I found one and it's a book written for children. In school I started to read it and found that it was the one I would take with me.

The first story I read was about a conversation among the German alphabet and some words asserted they were the most often used. Even the letter Y, which is rather seldom used in the German language, said it is not possible to go without it.

Then the punctuation reported on how important they are. Only the 'comma' was the quietest until it told a story about a case where it got the most important role and even saved a life.

The story was about a villain who was sentenced to death. He wrote a letter to the government where he told the judge that he was innocent and didn't commit the crime.
    The judge was sure he did the crime and wrote back a letter to the prisoner that said: 'Wait not, hang him'.

At that time telegraph office was used for delivering messages. The recipient had hearing problems and wrote down: 'Wait, not hang him'.

The execution had been delayed for a few days and in the meantime the real villain was caught.

All the members of the alphabet heard how a little comma was able to rescue someone from certain death.

What a lovely story @Hermine.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,744 mod
    @mheredge, many thanks for your kind words and for correcting it.

You donˋt know how I was waiting to get it back.
    Sorry it took so long @Hermine.
    @mheredge, it's never too late.
    I think the internet is a bit slow here today @Hermine but I'm staying at a family homestay in a village three hours from Kathmandu. Tomorrow I will learn how to milk a cow!
    @mheredge, good luck and keep up attantion to their tails and hind legs.
    I only got a bit of milk, and it was spraying all over the place. It's a lot harder than milking a goat and at least when they kick, it's not quite as bad @Hermine. I'm ashamed to say that one goat that I milked many years ago managed to kick over the bucket of milk. I didn't want to risk this happening here so quickly gave up and let the guy finish off the job, accident free.
    @mheredge, well done. Here this is job is dying out, due to electric gadgets.
    I'm not sure there is much automation here @Hermine, though I did see a machine that could easily measure the fat content in the milk, rather than using a pipette and centrifuge.