Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What made you change the life you were living?

elancer2013elancer2013 Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
I want to know what made you change the way you were living life, I want to know what worked and what obviously wasn't working for you. I want to know how you stayed strong in times of weakness. As we all know that its really hard to stay positive in difficult situation

Share your story and your ideas that make you to change your life may be it will be helpful others too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMuvEjK6XPk

Comments

• elancer2013elancer2013 Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    When i was a kid i used to meet computer experts and researchers, i always ask them what they eat and what they do that make them expert and give the power to understand many things. Mostly i get only one answer and the answer is very worked really hard. When ever i heard from the people i thought i need to work really hard but again the question remain what kind of hard work i need to do to be one of them, as i was a child so i thought may be i need to work physically may be that make me strong and hardworking guy.

Many years later my teacher explained me what they do and how they achieve it. My teacher said no body born as expert, perhaps they work and they do with pertinacity that give them success.

"Success is a journey, not a destination"

@nidhii @Paulette @mheredge Share your opinion, story and ideas.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,871 mod
    edited September 20
    @elancer2013 I am much older than you and the times are changed but I think life itself changed never. Everyone expects much of his life, we want to be happy. Love, hope and believe are important things in your life.
    Life brings not always roses and moonlight and on such a moments then you need hope, believe and love. Remain to believe in each other you need to trust each other and speak about problems.
    I love the life but one moment it was very hard, to hope and to believe in a further happy life.
    We had a hard time when one of our daughters suddenly was very ill, our world collapsed, certainly when she had died. First I was angry up the whole world. But then I shared my grief and I remained to believe in God and other people around me, especially my husband and two older children ,we told a lot about our daughter and on this way we could say goodbye and believe in a new future.
    What I want to say; "everyone needs someone...."
    Post edited by Paulette on
    > @Paulette said:
    > @elancer2013 I am much older than you and the times are changed but I think life itself changed never. Everyone expects much of his life, we want to be happy. Love, hope and believe are important things in your life.
    > Life brings not always roses and moonlight and on such a moments then you need hope, believe and love. Remain to believe in each other you need to trust each other and speak about problems.
    > I love the life but one moment it was very hard, to hope and to believe in a further happy life.
    > We had a hard time when one of our daughters suddenly was very ill, our world collapsed, certainly when she had died. First I was angry up the whole world. But then I shared my grief and I remained to believe in God and other people around me, especially my husband and two older children ,we told a lot about our daughter and on this way we could say goodbye and believe in a new future.
    > What I wnt to say; "everyone needs someone...."

Oh i am sorry about your lost. What was happened to your daughter and what was the cause?

I completely agree with you "we need someone".
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    Paulette wrote: »
    @elancer2013 I am much older than you and the times are changed but I think life itself changed never. Everyone expects much of his life, we want to be happy. Love, hope and believe are important things in your life.
    Life brings not always roses and moonlight and on such a moments then you need hope, believe and love. Remain to believe in each other you need to trust each other and speak about problems.
    I love the life but one moment it was very hard, to hope and to believe in a further happy life.
    We had a hard time when one of our daughters suddenly was very ill, our world collapsed, certainly when she had died. First I was angry up the whole world. But then I shared my grief and I remained to believe in God and other people around me, especially my husband and two older children ,we told a lot about our daughter and on this way we could say goodbye and believe in a new future.
    What I wnt to say; "everyone needs someone...."

You are really very strong .
    I am not strong so I can't say what made me strong
    I try to only look what I have instead what I don't have .That's change of attitude I learnt in my life till yet
    @nidhii it were my husband, kids and friends who gives me the believe in a new future because everyone was there. A very important thing is, listen to each other and a hug without words gives a feeling of solidarity, if you feel not alone then you have a grip.
    @elancer2013 thanks for your sympathy. My daughter was only a few years old when she suddenly get a brain heamorrhage. She was in coma and had to live as a plant by a machine. We had to make the decision to stop the machine and that was very hard.Then we needed all the support and we prayed to God.
    edited September 21
    > @nidhii said:
    > I am not strong so I can't say what made me strong

I believe you are strong enough nidhiii.

Share your ideas and story @abhishekb9099
    > @Paulette said:
    > @nidhii it were my husband, kids and friends who gives me the believe in a new future because everyone was there. A very important thing is, listen to each other and a hug without words gives a feeling of solidarity, if you feel not alone then you have a grip.

I completely agree with you. When our loved around we feel secure and strong.
    > @Paulette said:
    > @elancer2013 thanks for your sympathy. My daughter was only a few years old when she suddenly get a brain heamorrhage. She was in coma and had to live as a plant by a machine. We had to make the decision to stop the machine and that was very hard.Then we needed all the support and we prayed to God.

Oh my god, how it happen, so there were no chance for the recovery?
    edited September 21
    @elancer2013 thanks for your sympathy. My daughter was only a few years old when she suddenly get a brain heamorrhage. She was in coma and had to live as a plant by a machine. We had to make the decision to stop the machine and that was very hard.Then we needed all the support and we prayed to God.

I am just shivering to think from what you have gone through
    Thanks @nidhii indeed it was very heartbreaking to see her suffer, and much more when she was declared dead. But now she continue to live in our minds and it feels good to talk about her, and that gives a lot more strength than if her name are avoid.
    I can understand your situation @Paulette, i know the pain when we get apart from close one. Absolutely it was very difficult situation for you.
    Me too @nidhii
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    Once I left the UK to travel for what I thought would just be for a few months thirteen years ago @elancer2013 I realised that I didn't need to go back and that all the things that represented security were not such a big deal as I'd always thought they were before. In fact you don't need a lot to manage on and as long as you are happy doing what you really want rather than being rich, stuck in a rut and miserable.
    Thanks @nidhii indeed it was very heartbreaking to see her suffer, and much more when she was declared dead. But now she continue to live in our minds and it feels good to talk about her, and that gives a lot more strength than if her name are avoid.

You are a inspiration of Positive thinking
    mheredge wrote: »
    Once I left the UK to travel for what I thought would just be for a few months thirteen years ago @elancer2013 I realised that I didn't need to go back and that all the things that represented security were not such a big deal as I'd always thought they were before. In fact you don't need a lot to manage on and as long as you are happy doing what you really want rather than being rich, stuck in a rut and miserable.

As a Child I always had a thinking that more you are famous and rich more you are happy.But it changed now.
    edited September 23
    @nidhii you are so right because happiness is not in to find in wealth and celebrity, but in many little things around us.
    Post edited by Paulette on
    @mheredge said:

I agree with you @mheredge
    @nidhii said:

mheredge wrote:

As a Child I always had a thinking that more you are famous and rich more you are happy.But it changed now.

How you changed that? @nidhii
    I think also that your opinion about happiness change if you dare look into the hearts of people around you. If you always thinks that only you have a problem then it is a little regrettable. If you think about other people who has a similar problem than is the problem more to understand.
    I learned a lot about such a thing when I was the principal of a school for nurses. There are a lot of problems in the world and you can find them close at you.
    But if you tried to help someone in such a problem then your problems will be milder in your thoughts.
    One of the things I like most about Nepalese people is that generally they think positively and make the best of things. For most foreigners coming to Nepal, it really opens their eyes and makes them appreciate how lucky they are when they see the poverty.
    @Paulette said:

I think also that your opinion about happiness change if you dare look into the hearts of people around you. If you always thinks that only you have a problem then it is a little regrettable. If you think about other people who has a similar problem than is the problem more to understand.

I learned a lot about such a thing when I was the principal of a school for nurses. There are a lot of problems in the world and you can find them close at you.

But if you tried to help someone in such a problem then your problems will be milder in your thoughts.

@Paulette Absolutely i completely agree with you, as you said when we start looking into people's life then only we can understand our problems are not that big what people are facing today. Recently i come to know about guy who paralyze he can't walk and he can't eat with his own hands.
    @mheredge said:
    One of the things I like most about Nepalese people is that generally they think positively and make the best of things. For most foreigners coming to Nepal, it really opens their eyes and makes them appreciate how lucky they are when they see the poverty.

When you visited nepal?
    Share some experience you had in nepal that inspire you.
    I have been on and off in Nepal for the past 13 years @elancer2013. I didn't plan on ending here but it hooked me! Nowadays I spend less time here - their immigration rules don't make it easy as it is hard to get any visa other than a tourist one, which only allows up to five months in any one year.

During this time I have had almost non-stop inspiring experiences. This is probably why I keep coming back! I run a small charity here so if you're interested in what this does, have a look at www.rannepal.org (the website is working again since last night as there was a temporary problem).

Temporary classrooms after the earthquake.

edited September 24
    @elancer2013 I learned all this things from my neice.She is always eager to go out and when she see anything like Bird any vehicle she laughs so heartily.So I pondered we got all the things but still why we cannot laugh like child .Why we cannot feel that happimess.Child laugh without any reason They don't know what is money .They have anything or they lack anything .But they get happy on small small things exist around us.And as we grow up we loose that perception to look a thing in a way which can give us happiness.Until we loose anything we don't realise it's imprtance.Human nature it's very typical when we have blessings in life we just ignore it and crave for what we don't have.And the moment we loose that blessing then we regret that why we were ignorant.We should learn from children that how to get happiness even from a small toffee.Money can't buy happiness although pleasure yes
    I totally agree with you that money can't buy happiness. I think often the more people have, the more unhappy they are too @nidhii.
    @mheredge said:
    I have been on and off in Nepal for the past 13 years @elancer2013. I didn't plan on ending here but it hooked me! Nowadays I spend less time here - their immigration rules don't make it easy as it is hard to get any visa other than a tourist one, which only allows up to five months in any one year.

During this time I have had almost non-stop inspiring experiences. This is probably why I keep coming back! I run a small charity here so if you're interested in what this does, have a look at www.rannepal.org (the website is working again since last night as there was a temporary problem).

Temporary classrooms after the earthquake.

I will review the website. You saw the earthquake in nepal?