Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Аnxiety of English learners

Hello to everyone, who's reading this post. I want to start an uneasy topic, but I have the feeling, that it would be helpful for me and some other new members of this wonderful place.

Ok, I know that I have problems with active English skills, like writting and speaking. I've been learning English for a long time, but I still feel an enourmous gap between my active and passive skills. Watch a movie or read a book - not a problem. But when I'm trying to write to someone - it is a big struggle. Not in a way that I don't know what to type and how to do it. It's more like I'm always anxious when I'm trying to communicate in English.

I guees, this is a problem for all English learners, but I want to ask a simple question to advanced learners and teachers: how to overcome this unpleasant anxiety during communication?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,501 mod
    Writing is always hard @NnoitoraG but practice helps. Check out some of the grammar sections on the Forum if there are areas you're not sure about. Speaking is often harder if there are no English speakers to practice speaking with. Try joining some of the Skype sessions if you want to practice speaking.
  • NnoitoraGNnoitoraG Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited September 18
    Thank you for your response, @mheredge . I appreciate it.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭
    I was learnnig french for a long time but I felt very uncomfortable because I didn't practise it,Now I'm better because I practise french a lot with my colleagues.practising is the secret to imrprove our language's skills.
    I hardly spoke French for about 13 years while I was spending most of my time in Asia @mouna and so I found I had forgotten a lot. It came back very quickly once I started spending more time in France. In fact sometimes I go days without speaking any English when I'm there. Here in Nepal very few people know any French but almost everyone can speak at least a bit of English.
  • NnoitoraGNnoitoraG Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I'm also trying to learn French, but it's preatty difficult because I mainly focus on English. I've started to learn it in the last year and I'm barely getting any results. My main goal(for now, atleast) is to be able to read without any struggles :)
    French is harder than English @NnoitoraG.