Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
When you first apply to join the forum, you will have to wait a while to be approved. Just be patient.

Once you are a member, don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

if ı could travel in a time machine ı would travel back to..........

enesenes Posts: 36 ✭✭
ı m waiting your answers in curiosity.I think there is a lot of thing to be mentioned about it

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 31,599 mod
    You might find the TV series Outlander interesting @enes as in this, the heroine is transported to the 18th century and the Battle of Culloden.

If I were to be transported back in time, I would want to go to the 1920s I think.
  • enesenes Posts: 36 ✭✭
    @mheredge ı never watched outlander but ı found interesting. ı will take a look
    I would be interested in any time period as long as I did not have to stay there very long. I suppose I am quite satisfied with the time period I'm living in right now @enes.
  • nontannontan Posts: 201 ✭✭
    I would like to go to the 18 - 19th century of Japan.
    It is called Edo period.
    I am very interested in this time.
    What in particular draws you to this period in Japan @nontan? I'm very ignorant in Japanese history I'm afraid.

I was chatting with a young guy yesterday and I worked out that being a child of the '60s and teenager in the '70s, that I'm not sure if I can think of any other time I'd rather have grown up in.
  • nontannontan Posts: 201 ✭✭
    @mheredge
    Hmm, it is a bit difficult to tell what of Edo draws me.
    But whenever I watch a movie or a TV drama that is set in Edo, I am attracted somehow.
    It must be more like Japan than it is now, and the scenery must be much more beautiful.
    We are now rather modernized and Americanized. And the sceneries are ugly.
    So I think that if I went to Edo era, I could see what Japan truly is which we are loosing day by day.
    I never had much opportunity to see the countryside except a couple of days when I went to visit a friend of my friends who lived about 90 minutes from Osaka in a village @nontan. This was rather attractive even though it was not really all that wild or remote.
  • TeachTeach Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,878 mod
    I wouldn't want to travel back in time. I wouldn't mind taking a peek into the future, but only if I could make a positive difference to any outcome.
  • mustafatajanimustafatajani Posts: 124 ✭✭
    edited April 11
    If I get an opportunity to travel back in time then probably I would like to go at the time of Human Evolution and will witness the revolutionary process . Also by this I could amend some of the myth about our ancestor.

---------------------------

If I had the opportunity to travel back in time then I would probably go back to the time of Human Evolution and witness the evolutionary process. By observing this I could amend some of the myths about our ancestors.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • danrogdanrog Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited April 11
    I travel to Ancient Greece time. I would like to know the greatest philosophers in history

----------------------

I would travel to Ancient Greece. I would like to get to know the greatest philosophers in history.
    Post edited by Teach on
  • ndeasisndeasis Posts: 9
    I would go back to 80's because I am so fascinated with the music and movies at that time, though I am just a little kid back then and only few memories I can remember.