Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

how does climate changes will impact your life?

SCanFSCanF Posts: 18 ✭✭
Does exist enough evidences about climate changes or It is just a myth? How do you imagine that climate changes will impact your life?
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,081 mod
    Climate change is definitely not a myth @SCanF even it doesn’t impact on me directly very much. For most people living in cities and in certain parts of the world, they might not really notice but when you spend time in the Himalayas and see how the glaciers are melting, or see how the ice floes in the Arctic and Antarctic are breaking up, then you can understand better that there is a change in temperatures.
  • SCanFSCanF Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited September 10
    Hi @mherede, I partially agree with you. Do you really believe that climate change doesn't affect directly you?

(If you find some mistakes in my writing...plese, tell me)

Sérgio
    Climate change affects everyone in some way @SCanF, whether in terms of what the weather is doing outside, or if they are farmers, what they can or cannot grow any more. I am glad that I don't live in a place where they have extreme weather like hurricanes and torrential rain.
    HI @mheredge, I agree. unfortunately climate extreme events will be increasingly present in our lifes. :'(
    It is criminal how the USA refuses to see it as an issue @SCanF.
    Hi @mheredge, the political perspective of the Trump´s administration about climate changes is awfully confused. I believe that this current position of the USA is not consolidate yet.
    I'm meeting an American friend tomorrow who is a climate change scientist who researches the glaciers in the Everest area. He tries his best warning disbelievers about climate change @SCanF. He has his work cut out trying to convince people like the Trump administration.
    edited September 16
    Hi @mheredge, I know how hard it is. Unfortunately conservative polititians aren't open to the real world and Its real demands. They don´t mind the danger and consequences related to the climate changes. On the other hand I think that this resistence is a natural process that will be broke in the middle or long term. The path dependence in terms of energetic matrix, for example, is a hard challenge that involves billions and billions of dollars in terms of new investments and emergence of new economic players in the global level that will lead the economic and technologyc changes. So, in short, in my poin of view the climate change is also related to the power within the global governance and the current power doesn't want to change. My writing in English in not so good... do you understand my point of view?
    Unfortunately you are right @SCanF. Politics and commercial interests dictate how seriously some countries take the problem. Too many people are not thinking about the future of our planet. They just want to make money now, regardless of the longer term consequences.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    In my town it's so hot and scorching,this climate affects a lot of our life,we couldn't adapt our activities in the summer,most people leave the city to another city which a littele bit warm.
    It tends to be very hot in the south of Nepal in the summer @mouna. In Kathmandu it is not so bad, but today although it is only 29 degrees, it is very humid and consequently feels a lot warmer than it is.
    Hi @mouna, where are you from?
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    @SCanF.I'm from Algeria and I live in the south of Algeria in the Sahara.
    On Sunday I will be meet a friend who is a climate change scientist. I'm looking forward to hearing about what he's doing in the Everest area. He's been studying the risk of floods if the glaciers melt and there are what is called glacial lakes' outbursts when the ice that holds the water melts and there are sudden flash floods.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    it is terrible.becuase of heavy raining we can't protect our tea estate well.so tea leaves have become very dark and they are ready to die.I don't know the exact word for it in english.but anyway it is really difficult to pick tea leaves too.there for the bad weather condition affects us very strongly.
    The monsoon seemed to last much later than usual this year, in Nepal at least. It was still raining a bit a few days ago just before I left. Normally it should have stopped raining several weeks ago.