Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Can you give me five words that best describe you?

enesenes Posts: 36 ✭✭
Determined, organized, disciplined, hardworking and open to communication.

Comments

• enesenes Posts: 36 ✭✭
    @Paulette Can you give me five words that best describe you?
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @enes here I am: patient, spontaneous, honest, creative and tender.
    @Paulette ı think you are so open minded too :)
    @enes I am glad to meet young people who are creative and active. I like you, you remind me of the many students I've educated for 43 years and that I now miss a bit.
    ı m very honoured for hearing these words from you sir
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 819 ✭✭✭✭
    Unpredictable that is right word for me
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,063 mod
    Short, dark-haired, brown-eyed (that's five words).
    Impulsive, impatient, sometimes grumpy, forgetful, and sometimes careless are five words to describe my shortcomings.

@dope, @daikha, @april how would you describe yourself in five words?
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,340 mod
    Patient (only for people in need, though) , just, sense of humour but pessimistic and last but not least sometimes sarcastic. :)
    @mheredge indeed to describe shortcomings I also have more than five words. On that way I am sometimes too reckless, too slowly, too untidy, arrival too late, absent-minded, dominant and so much more. :D
    I am sometimes punctual to a fault (this can be a shortcoming too @Paulette). I am definitely absent-minded. I can be quite stubborn too.

I have never heard you being sarcastic @april. They say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
    I am, @mheredge , but then it's because that person deserves my sarcasm. (In my opinion, of course. Other people could say that I was wrong myself).
    I actually quite like sarcasm, as it usually makes me smile @april.

But what about good features? What are your strong points? And can you turn the negatives into strengths. For example, being stubborn is not necessarily such a bad thing as this means that I try to get things done against all the odds and don't get put off easily. I can be quite tenacious which is sometimes is a definite strength. 'Never give up' is my motto.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Parrot,bee,flower,pig,rabbit.
    So@sammani:
    You can talk as a parrot
    You are a sugar lover as a bee
    You smell as a nice flower
    you can grunt like a pig
    and runs like a rabbit
    You are really multifaceted
    Today my mood is happy, inspired and a bit restless.
    edited October 3
    @mheredge I hope the restlessness can inspire you to discover a lot of things today because this can makes other people happy.
  • Braim68Braim68 Posts: 7
    today I'm a bit tired, but I'm happy
    @Braim68 indeed you can be tired of what you did, but happy by what you did.
  • magicalmagical Posts: 15 ✭✭
    nice, honesty, tender, open minded and faster
    @magical you are a nice person and, really are you the fastest person in the world? ;)
    I wish I was getting faster @magical. I seem to getting slower. Five words that describe me today are: slower, tired, busy, happy and excited.
  • SchaeferSchaefer Posts: 5
    what describes me best? Hmm, as @april mentioned above, patient but only with respect to people's need and solving different issues (e.g. technical problems and so on). In contrast I'm very impatient if I just have to wait, like when I have an appointment or standing in line at the grocery's checkpoint. Inquisitive, introverted but self-conscious, reliable are a few additional properties of mine.
    @Schaefer inquisitive is a very good quality to discover the world with all the different habits and cultures. But sometimes then you must also to be a bit extravert therefore.
    Schaefer said:

In contrast I'm very impatient if I just have to wait, like when I have an appointment or standing in line at the grocery's checkpoint. .

Have you also always got the feeling that you have chosen the wrong queue, @Schaefer ? :)

Always @april. It's called sod's law. Whichever you choose is always the wrong one.

I've been a bit grumpy all day as I'm suffering from a bad cold and had to spend 11 hours in a bus on a very bad road. Grumpy, unreasonable, snappy, ill-tempered, unpleasant... The homestay where I am staying is so nice that I have totally calmed down, relaxed and feel very thankful for the opportunity to come here. So I'm not grumpy any more!
    @mheredge , it's ridiculous actually when I catch myself being happy just because I find out that my queue goes faster than the others :)
    @april according to the queues: I think our perception while standing in the queue as well as afterwards when we're thinking of it often plays a trick on us. While the former doesn't include periods where the other queues slow down because of different things like varying number of articles per customer, the latter mainly relies on the fact that we remember long waiting periods better or more often than the fast ones. Just because waiting is annoying and passing the checkpoint fast is supposed to be the normal condition. But the problem stays the same: No matter whether our waiting time is more or less the same as for other queues waiting still remains annoying.
    @Schaefer , @mheredge
    One supermarket has a good system of queueing here.
    There is only one queue and one entrance, but there are several checkouts.
    You can't choose a checkout yourself, though.
    The computer will send you to a checkout that becomes free so it's always "fair". :)
    this seems to be very fair indeed, btw where is this supermarket located? I don't know any german supermarket that uses this kind of system.