Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

hi , Im new guy here .. is there any welcome for me ?

mansormansor Posts: 2
hello , I was thinking to improve my English , i love books so I wanna learn English to read English books in first place ...

also I wanna be a good speaker and good listener , to stop feeling shame when I cant complete conversions :(
I really hate when my friends talking English so good "as I guess" and I keep silent and listen try to catch some words to understand at least what they talking about .I really need someone to courage me ...

for all that I decided to join you friends ...

thanks for approved my membership <3

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,477 mod
  • OlaOla Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Hi! I have almost the same problem. I'm just afraid of speaking in English, bacuase maybe I will say something wrong or someone won't understand me or think that my English is bad. The same like you I keep silent in those situations. I think we just have to practise and everything will be easier then. I think this is a place which can help us :)
  • enesenes Posts: 37 ✭✭
    hello ı m an alien of here too :(
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,009 mod
    Never be afraid of opening your mouth guys! @enes, @mansor, @Ola. Just remember that everyone speaks with an accent - including native speakers. And mistakes - well as long as you have the vocabulary right, people will always understand what you are trying to say, even if your grammar is not perfect. And let me tell you a little secret, a lot of British people make mistakes when they are speaking English.