Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

When I meet the perfect partner I'll be happy!

pezhmanpezhman Posts: 54 ✭✭
''before you I was lonely,I was a loser _ but you changed everything!'' it is myth in real world people say,'' before you I was miserable_but you YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!''

in the real world other people don't change our lives. we do it ourselves.

Comments

• pezhmanpezhman Posts: 54 ✭✭
    what is your idea about that? people can change our life or not?
    edited August 11
    how you feel happy or upset? is there any special rule? can you compare it with when you are sick and your body are under attack. but what happen when you are Upset? who or what and how attack you?
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,080 mod
    I think people can change our lives though whether this is good or bad depends on circumstances @pezhman.

yes, the good people can have a good influence on our life, but when are you surrounded with effective person @mheredge ? when you are effective and considerate yourself.
  • JaggsJaggs Posts: 7
    But to get a perfect partner for the whole life is tough. In starting you may feel interesting for everyone and you may imagine that he/she is the only person whom I have been searching from beginning but my friend I tell you one thing, the interest you get in a moment that will finish also in a moment.
    I mean after few days you will not have same interest as it was in beginning. So I say to find a perfect match is tough.
    Anyway if you find someone perfect then you are lucky.
  • nomad81nomad81 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭
    Birth my daughter have changed my life. I have viewed a surrounding world in other way. I think people can influence on us, our choice, it is a loopback.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    I always dream to meet my partner,I think he will make me more happy and we'll live together in l9ve and peace.I'm waiting for him ;)
  • RaraAvisRaraAvis Posts: 98 ✭✭
    @pezhman I think that people can change our life and make you the happiest person in the world. But it should be mutual from both sides. When people share the same points of view on life, the same interests then it might work well for both. It can help when someone is in pain or very unsure of himself and when the other person is cheerful and strong-willed. Such people may encourage you and make you believe in yourself. And it goes not only to relationship but to friendship and other human affairs as well. Though if both people are weak-willed and pessimists - it won't help.
    @Jaggs I don't believe in perfection!
    edited August 27
    @Jaggs I think you are right. if we can find good partner who have a nice mind and behavior we will lucky. But there is something else about ourselves. if we want to feel happy at first we must prepare ourselves for it. yes the real good partner maybe can change and prepare us for the better life. but we can't sit in the hope that someone arrives and tries to changes us. this is our mission in the life. every body aren't complete and all of them can improve. you have some idea right now for making the life better. write them on your notebook and work until achieve them. in the process you make the better mind and notice or feel something else for the next day. then write them again on the notebook until get them... I think in this program we find love in heart and look on the world with open mind and without sadness. the human need progress if you don't give it to him, anyone cant help you.
    edited August 28
    How do I find the world? with my inside attitude. if I don't prepare myself the good partner can't help But if I improve My attitude the life will be active and suitable.then I be able to find a good partner who can help me to accelerate my progress.the key solution for our problem is ourselves. what do you think about that my friends ? do you want to change the topic of the discussion? we can do it if you want. just say your topic. it is easy, isn't it ?
    You are right @pezhman to think the key problem is within ourselves. There is a saying 'it takes two to tango.' Or it takes two to compromise and to give and take for a relationship to work.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    edited August 31
    @mheredge I don't believe in perfection also,we have to complete each other,anyone in this world is perfect,sometimes we have some thoughts that we could be perfect in some f domain that's OK,it's possible.
    @Jaggs you mean we could be with our partner perfect it sounds both of us we complete each other.
    I love it when I meet couples who compliment each other, sharing interests but also having their own lives too.