Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Hermineˋs eighth essay

HermineHermine ModeratorPosts: 6,777 mod
In school we learn a lot about German grammar. Today Iˋve been in the city and there I went to the library. I was pretty surprised, because I got nearly all the books I had been looking for. I even borrowed a thick Grammar book where all the rules are in. There is enough time to learn from it, before the first term will start in school.

After I ˋd taken the books to the car I saw on the car park ticket that there is some time left before the parking tiime is up. I decited I should go to the Italien food shop, where the assistant is seldom nice. It may be, that itˋs their proud of nationality that comes through.
I asked him if he offers buffalo mozzarella, which he affirmed. He neither wanted to show me the cheese nor was he sure what the price would be.
Nevertheless I bought a piece and paid over € 7, it was a small ball. I thought to myself the cheese comes from far down of Calabria, because of the price.

I had to go home early, because Iˋd left my girl there. This morning she reseived a large parcel where all her new uniform was inside. She was fond to show me them all. She looked nice in the outfits of a cook, business clothes, waitress. Guess what kind of school sheˋs going to attend?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,206 mod
    In school (Americans tend to say 'In school' British English we'd say 'At school') we learn a lot about German grammar. Today I've been in the city and there I went to the library. I was pretty surprised because I got nearly all the books I was looking for. I even borrowed a thick Grammar book which has all the rules. There is enough time to learn from it before the first school term starts.

After I'd taken the books to the car I saw on the car park ticket that there was some time left before the parking time was up. I decided I should go to the Italian food shop where the assistant is seldom nice. It may be, that it's his national pride that comes through. (Most Italians I have ever met are the nicest people so I think maybe he's just a grumpy individual and does not represent his country very well!)

I asked him if he had any buffalo mozzarella, which he affirmed. He neither wanted to show me the cheese nor was he sure what the price would be. (I met a French cheese seller like this. Maybe they are brothers. I walked out of the shop in the end as he was so rude).

Nevertheless I bought a piece and paid over € 7. It was a small ball. I thought to myself the cheese comes from far down in Calabria, hence the price.

I had to go home early because Iˋd left my girl there. This morning she received a large parcel containing her new uniform. She was keen to show me everything. She looked nice in the outfits of a cook, business clothes and waitress. Guess what kind of school she's going to attend?

Very good @Hermine. Watch out for commas as you use them a lot. In short sentences there are usually unnecessary.

So your daughter is going to do a course in hospitality management? This might also be called hotel management.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,777 mod
    edited July 2017
    @Marianne, many thanks for the correction and the kind words.

Good guess, Marianne.

She is going to attend a school for tourism; it lasts 5 years. Iˋm old by then.
    She still needs a set of knives. Then she will be ready for school.

The Italian food shop has two in town and both men behave the same. I always get a bad feeling when testing something. Once I told this Lynne. Seemingly she is more ruthless when it comes to taste without buying anything.

I most leave the shop like a dog putting its tail inside.